Code of Conduct

Default Creed Translation: French to English

On boxes of Creed, the text is written in French.

Does anyone know what the text translates to in English?

Specifically, I'm referring to the paragraph on the back of the box, and the text under the top flap.

I can decipher bits and pieces, but I'd be curious to know the exact meaning.

Thanks!

Default Re: Creed Translation: French to English

Not entirely sure what millÚsime means (my dictionary gives "vintage&quot but here goes:

"Vintage Creed (perfume) is created exclusively with the noblest of essences and the rarest infusions. It is conceived, realized and filtered by hand in the purest tradition of the House of Cered, founded in 1760 by James Creed. "

The language of courtiers was indeed French in the day, but one wonders why they haven't bothered to translate it for the French-impaired amongst their clientele. No, I don't think it's a marketing gimmick, or at least not a very good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Esan Sal
    one wonders why they haven't bothered to translate it for the French-impaired amongst their clientele. No, I don't think it's a marketing gimmick, or at least not a very good one.
    Creed may have started as an english company but it is well and truly french now. you will find a little leaflet in every box that includes english. actually there is french text all over the box...it would spoil the design to translate it into other languages....besides which, some evidence to the contrary, the world doesn't revolve around english speakers!

AZTEC

Quote Originally Posted by aztec

*you will find a little leaflet in every box that includes english
    AZTEC
    The leaflet I received is written in Arabic.

Keep it quiet otherwise everyone will want one!

AZTEC