Code of Conduct

Default Agatha Brown Conquest and Jade Samples Available!

Agatha Brown has been kind enough to make a limited number of samples available to our Basenotes community.

I can ship approximately 1.5 ml's of Agatha Brown's "Conquest for Men" and "Imperial Jade Emporer". I only ask that you send me $2.00 to cover my cost for bottles, padded envelopes, paypal fees and shipping. The scent is free.

Agatha will monitor the success of this sample program so if you purchase an item from Agatha (www.agatha.com) please let her know that you tried a sample through Basenotes. If this is successful, perhaps she will offer feminine samples as well.

I own both Conquest and Imperial Jade. They are both excellent and unique. Do youself a favor and try them.

Please post a review after you sample these fine scents.

Default Re: Agatha Brown Conquest and Jade Samples Availab

Quote Originally Posted by Setamp
    I own both Conquest and Imperial Jade. *They are both excellent and unique. *Do youself a favor and try them.

I wholeheartedly agree! I own both and feel they should be at least sampled ... if not owned. Conquest is great "masculine" scent ... and Imperial Jade Emperor is like nothing you've ever experienced, and has as good a longevity as anything in my wardrobe! Maybe the best.

I would like to partake of the samples. I'm new here so please tell me how to go about it.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [URL="http://www.basenotes.net/wardrobe/2755"][COLOR=green]
    [INDENT]Daily Wardrobe [/INDENT][/COLOR]
    [/URL]

I WHOLE-HEARTEDLY AGREE...These are 2 excellent scents

Sent you a PM

I'm in. Whats your paypal address?
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I'm very in. Let me know the info please.

I'm interested too please pm me with details. thanks

Charles: I just sent you a paypal payment. Let me know if there are any problems and thank you.

Dan
    [SIZE=3][SIZE=2]"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." Ayn Rand...[/SIZE][/SIZE]

"The essence of fascism is to make laws forbidding everything and then enforce them selectively against your enemies."
    [/URL]

A review of Agatha Brown Conquest:

http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...1120070386/3#3

Sent a PM, very interested in trying conquest!

Hehe, I need to set up a video recorder to tape myself trying to apply the sample though. I still haven't figured out a graceful way to apply pour samples from the vials.

Quote Originally Posted by madgradrx

Hehe, I need to set up a video recorder to tape myself trying to apply the sample though. I still haven't figured out a graceful way to apply pour samples from the vials.
    I found an ass-kickin' way ...

Use a Q-tip. It controls it so much better and you can apply it exactly where you want. Even the Q-tip smells kinda funky after awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by madgradrx

I know what you mean. I usually put the vial up to my neck tilt it and sort of move it around.

The 1/2 dram vials I am sending are actually wide-mouth bottles so the q-tip idea would work.

To all who sent PayPal funds: I have shipped your samples. They are not labelled but the Conquest is clear while the Jade is ...... you guessed it......green.

Don't forget to mention Basenotes if you decide to order a bottle from Agatha.

I think some of us would like to hear the comments and opinions of those who will be receiving samples.

I can't see many people not liking these ... especially Jade Emperor.

Thank's Set. You are a Prince

[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Lightninrod
    Thank's Set. You are a Prince

More like a pauper ...... expensive tastes and no self-control.

Most of you should have your samples by now. Please note the green one is Imperial Jade Emporer while the clear one is Conquest.

Please share your opinions.

Charles: You are scholar and a gentleman! Just got my tow AB samples and I and my sales assistant like them both but we are now waiting as they dry-down on the back of our hands. She especially liked Conquest.

Thank you again for your trouble and the great service

Dan

[/URL]

Firstly, thanks Chuck! I appreciate being able to sample these amazing scents.
    Initially, I thought I'd like the Conquest more than the Jade but now I'm not sure.
    I think I sense the base of the Conquest in the Jade initially but after it drys down, the Jade is completely distinctive. I find the Conquest to be a bit more "masculine" and traditional. Both are very complex yet so well blended I can't really pick out notes. When I read the pyramids, they don't add up to what I am sensing. I also have to add that while the top notes are quite nice, the drydowns on both of these scents are just exquisite and they last FOREVER on my skin. These scents likely have some of the best longevity of any scent that I've ever tried and they don't deteriorate with time, they stay balanced and appealing.
    The dry downs are addictive. Interestingly, the scents have nice sillage but they don't radiate too far. They stay within one's personal space and don't seem to intrude elsewhere, even though I overapplied a bit today.
    I highly recommend that people give these a try. They are high quality, distinctive, long, long, long lasting scents.

Eric

Here is one I've missed... Is it still possible to receive samples?

I can still offer samples for $2 (for both) which covers my costs for bottles, envelopes, shipping and paypal fees. Agatha has kindly offered the fragrance itself to us at no charge.

I received the samples last week. Thank you very much Chuck!

IMHO, Jade Emperor begins sweet and fruitly, then turns in a nice floral scent (powerful violet and appel). The drydown is sophisticated, woody based.
    Conquest start fresh and then take something smooth (maybe muguet?).
    I really enjoy it. I think these two are very good quality fragances.

Possibly my next purchase!

Chuck: I messed up :-?. I can't remember which AB scent I liked the best. Both were great and somewhat similar and I want to order the one I liked the best. May I get a second sample(both) from you :-[?

Dan

[/URL]

I'd like to try these also, who do I have to send the $ to with paypal?

Nice scents Chuck, and thanks so much.

Conquest is MADDENINGLY FAMILIAR to me. I know I have "smelled it before" but of course I haven't. It's very masculine and warm.

Jade is just a lovely scent all around. Very wearable, and I suspect, versatile. Very, very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    Nice scents Chuck, and thanks so much.

Conquest is MADDENINGLY FAMILIAR to me. I know I have "smelled it before" but of course I haven't. It's very masculine and warm.

Jade is just a lovely scent all around. Very wearable, and I suspect, versatile. Very, very nice.

It's funny you say that Conquest is maddeningly familiar. I had the exact experience. The initial burst reminds me strongly of something but I could never figure it out. The drydown is just amazing IMHO. It's one of those scents that I can't stop smelling.

One thing that impressed me so much was the staying power of these scents. *I 'slurpped' a little on and went Large Mouth Bass fishing and I smelled so good ;D all day especially compared to the scents I put on some of my lures. *That's right, some of us apply scent to baits mostly to cover up the human scent which is known to be a turn-off to Bass. *One I use is almost pure garlic oil and is a real stinker. *Another is anise/licorice and nice to smell.

Dan

[/URL]

WOW, it's nice to hear some of you guys really enjoyed the samples. For myself, I'm in the minority. Both sample were okay but nothing too special in my view. Imperial started off with a blast of sweet notes, maybe from the pineapple note which I enjoyed very much, but once those notes disappeared I was left with a dark/heavy mix of tonka, vanilla, and amber which oddly resembled Darkness by Geparlys. Conquest I liked a lot more but I was disappointed a little. I was hoping it would alter or change through the duration of wearing, but it stayed pretty one-dimensional. It reminded me of those air-fresheners that cab driver hag in their cab. The ones shaped like a tree and comes in an assortment of colors. The one in yellow kind of reminded me of Conquest.

Overall they were alright. Maybe it was just my skin because I also had a longevity issue with both samples.

Today I tried Imperial Jade Emperor. Is a wonderful fragance. The top notes are fruity, and the drydown is elegant and sophisticated (light floral and herbal). Has some notes of Jacomo Red IMHO. It's not in my top ten, but is an excellent fragance. Thanks! Setamp for the samples.

The next week: Conquest

I've tried both of these now...

Jade has a very strong "sex on the beach" note (I'm not sure what it actually is, but it's one of the individual notes Raffy sells, and I associate it with gel candles). *The note is there for most of the drydown, which is fairly quick, and by the time it's gone, there's not much left. *The fragrance is a bit tamer than the individual note, and I like it, but I don't want to smell like one of those icky candles. *This one note overwhelms everything else in the fragrance.

Conquest has a sandalwood and slight play-doh smell (possibly australian sandalwood?) and is fairly consistant during the drydown. *It's very long-lasting and has just the right amount of sweetness. *I'm going to add this to my list of fragrances I like and want to try again (of which there are only 5, including this one). *It seems to have a bit of the sex-on-the-beach note also, but only at the extreme end of the drydown and very faint.

Thanks for the samples. *(I don't trust the icons anymore, they change)

Conquest - reminds me of Drakkar Noir and VC&A Tsar! The drydown on my skin is the most surprising aspect - lavender!

Jade - this is Poison by Dior with the big prunol and orris notes!

Both are wonderful, and both need to be in my collection! Better go check the Marketplace for decants!

marlen

Are these still available? I am definetly interested.

Chuck: I got my two additional AB samples from you today. Just so I won't forget or get them mixed up; I placed Jade on my left hand/wrist and Conquest on my right hand/wrist. Alzheimer's is a terrible thing :. First impressions is the Jade is the one I liked from before and want to own.

Thank you again and I will mention you and BN when I order.

Dan

[/URL]

Overcome By Fumes

Sampling Conquest today, and I keep smelling Le Male with a little less synthetic character.

Chuck: Just placed my order with AB for a bottle of Jade and Conquest. Mentioned your samples and BN. Thank's again for a great service.

Dan

[/URL]

Thanks Chuck! Of the two I am preferring the fruity Jade and find Conquest to be a bit simple.