Code of Conduct

Default Travelling overseas with fragrances... volatile?

What is the procedure for travelling overseas with fragrances? I'm going to Europe with my family in May 2006, and I need to make sure I smell nice. [smiley=lolk.gif] Is it suitable to pack it in your suitcases in the cargo compartment of the airliner, or is it better as a carry-on item in your carry-on bags? I also might want to check out shops in Europe and would want to bring new stuff home too, so this goes both ways across the Atlantic. ;D Many thanks!
    No longer offering decants. Sorry!

Default Re: Travelling overseas with fragrances... volatil

Hmm... don't really know the procedures for Europe, but I didn't have a problem taking my fragrance to the Caribbean. I wouldn't recommend bringing your favorites however, just in case something goes wrong. I happen to bring Coolwater overseas, because it was cheap and not really something I wear too often.

I wore the hell out of it everyday until we came back. I didn't even sniff it for a month after that, but when I finally did, I was at the beach, drinking Pina Colada while the wind blew against the palm trees. What a great feeling that was, try it! I am convinced that if you stick to one scent the whole vacation time, you'll go back in time with every sniff of the bottle later on.

Not sure how long gone you'll be on vacation, but decants of your favorites is the best way to bring a selection without weighing your case down. The aim, after all, is to pick up a lot of scents that guys like us in the US have a hard time getting their hands on ;D. Study up on tricks on getting your frags in the country without paying extra duty fees.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    Not sure how long gone you'll be on vacation, but decants of your favorites is the best way to bring a selection without weighing your case down. The aim, after all, is to pick up a lot of scents that guys like us in the US have a hard time getting their hands on ;D. Study up on tricks on getting your frags in the country without paying extra duty fees.
    IMaverick took the words out of my mouth. I agree with everything he said. Really, take advantage of your trip to Europe.

It will be two weeks in England visiting family, and a one week organized tour of Paris, Brussels, and Amsterdam. I'll see what I can pull. ;D ;D I guess I've got from now until May 2006 to learn everything I can, haha. ;D

There's no problem either in the on board or checked in luggage. Just make sure you pack them in such a way they don't get damaged in transit.

Also, I know there is a limit (200mls I think), on the amount of perfume you can take into the EU without paying duty. But no one ever checked us.
    Renato

LOL, rest assured I will not be bringing more than 200ml when I fly over to Europe. On the return flight home, however, I cannot guarantee that I'd leave just with what I originally brought with me from Canada... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh! Canada?
    heck, you're free to bring anything in or out of here! :P

Just Kidding, our security aren't that lacking...