Code of Conduct

Default Please give me some reasons...

I was taking a look at my wardrobe last night and noticed that I don't wear a few scents anymore. I decided that I would give those ones away to my girlfriend's little brother. However, she refuses to let me give one of them up. She's fine with me giving away Eternity, Polo Sport, Tommy, and Hugo. On the other hand, she insists that I absolutely keep Kenneth Cole Reaction. For some reason it's her favorite on me. I don't really wear it much because I already have Unbound for that scent category. But out of respect (and the fact that she's getting me a few frags for x-mas) I agreed that I would wear it more often. It was my SOTD today and I have to admit that it's not a bad scent. Then again it's not a groundbreaking scent either. I find that it is short lived on me but perhaps it could just be the cold weather. Since I'm forced to make the best of things, could you guys help me look at the bright side of this frag? Given its mediocrity, I can't find one good reason to wear it. :-?

Default Re: Please give me some reasons...

Give it...........

.........to me.

Does your girlfriend in any way resemble Natalie Portman? ;D

No, no, in all seriousness, if it makes your girlfriend happy, and she's worth making happy, then I'd personally wear it JUST enough so as to satisfy her. It's not like it's Stetson, after all. Regarding Reaction, I sampled it a few weeks ago at a department store, and yeah, my opinion of it was one of utter neutrality. It didn't "move" me at all. Pleasant enough, but so are a lot of scents. And certainly not bad...it's just...there... The main reason why I tried it out was because, I believe, someone at some point once mentioned it had a drydown similar to Himalaya...and..well...NO!...it does not. Anyway, take this for what it's worth.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by seccho
    The main reason why I tried it out was because, I believe, someone at some point once mentioned it had a drydown similar to Himalaya...and..well...NO!...it does not.
    LOL. You know what's funny? I'm not sure, but I think I may have made that comment. The hint of musk in the drydown of Reaction used to remind me of Paco XS, which is very similar to Himalaya. But to compare Reaction with Himalaya is way off IMO.

Thanks for the moral support btw.

My girlfriend likes Reaction too. Actually she likes a few of my scents that I'm not crazy about. I definately never wear anything that I don't like, but I try to wear the ones she likes when I'm around her. Thats not to say that I never wear my favorites around her, just that the ones she likes are MUCH more likely to be worn with her and very unlikely at other times. Eh, what else can you do? At least she doesn't want me to always wear her favorites, or worse yet alway wear 1 fragrance. Of course there are a few things in my wardrobe that we both enjoy - and I like fragrance shopping with her and always have her smell things to educate her nose a little.

But to answer your question - I have no answer. If my collection were bigger, I might really hate having to keep my more mediocre scents in rotation, but for now they are still contributing to variety. However with warm weather long gone, I have not pulled out the Reaction in a long time and I've heard no complaints. However, I do not look forward to the inevitable first day that I do wear it and have her say "mmmmm..." or any other such positive comment. I never thought I'd wish someone didn't like a fragrance. Oh well, its not that bad of a scent. Very refreshing on the initial spray. Maybe layering it with something that has a nice try down will help.

I guess we are stuck in the same boat.

ME WANTS!

Its very hard to find KC scents over here :'( The notes sound amazing!

I love melons!

/me

WISH IT INTO THE FIELD TEFLON!

Quote Originally Posted by CoLē
    ME WANTS!

Its very hard to find KC scents over here :'( The notes sound amazing!

I love melons!

/me
    I'm not surprised you like this one Col, considering you also like Be Delicious for Men. I've noticed we have opposite tastes in fragrances. If it weren't for my girlfriend, I would have happily given this to you. Sorry pal. Cheers.