Code of Conduct

Default Yang, Eau D' Hermes, Nemo...first impressions

After months of not buying or swapping anything, i aquired these three within the past week.

Cacharel's Nemo: WOW. What a treat for the nose. For all you lovers of fragrance out there, you owe it to yourself to at LEAST sample this one in your lifetime. So glad to finally own a bottle. It's dark, slightly sweet with some greens mixed in. Heavenly!!

Eau D' Hermes: Very very nice, but my wife doesn't agree. She said it smells like "afro sheen"...LOL. I can see (or smell) why this one wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, i mainly detect the cumin and lavender notes. Very strange, but none the less a great smell imo. Lasting power could be better.

Jacques Fath YANG: A multi-layered green scent that smells great. Need more time to test it, as i just got it tonight, but so far so good. The wife likes it.

Your thoughts on these?
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Yang, Eau D' Hermes, Nemo...first impressions

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl
    After months of not buying or swapping anything, i aquired these three within the past week.

Eau D' Hermes: Very very nice, but my wife doesn't agree. She said it smells like "afro sheen"...LOL. I can see (or smell) why this one wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, i mainly detect the cumin and lavender notes. Very strange, but none the less a great smell imo. Lasting power could be better.

Your thoughts on these?
    Ha! Ha! *;D My wife doesn't like Eau D'Hermes either, though she doesn't equate it with Afro Sheen. While she loves chili, she doesn't like very much cumin in scents, which of course this has big time. Overall, however, the primary character I get from Eau D'Hermes is musk. A solid, animalic musk that my wife definitely doesn't like, so two strikes from her. I'm not sure what to think. I like both Equipage and Rocabar better than Eau, so my new bottle (beautiful bottle, btw) may be up for swap soon.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Yang is still on my "to try" list due to all its praise that it gets. How do you find its longevity and sillage?

Eau D'Hermes is an acquired taste IMO. It still doesn't strike me as a groundbreaking scent. The lavender note in it also doesn't agree with my nose but I need to give it another try.

Quote Originally Posted by knightowl

Jacques Fath YANG: A multi-layered green scent that smells great. Need more time to test it, as i just got it tonight, but so far so good. The wife likes it.

Your thoughts on these?
    Ya know, I would have thunk that my fiancee would absolutely hate Eau d'Hermes. She really does not like spice scents, and I expected her to be repulsed by Eau d'Hermes. yet every time I wear it, she says I smell good. I think this is due to the cumin being so well blended in the scent that it is part of the "midground" - not the background and not in the foreground. Kind of like a noticable extra in a movie. In the same way, the lavender in EdH is not overpowering as it sometimes tends to be in frags. Roudniska (sp?) did an outstanding job balancing these two competing notes.

Yang is great, but I don't love it as much as when I first got it... I think that is probably due to another musk competing for my affection, Dunhill for Men (2003). I haven't thought of Yang as having green notes, but I will have to give it another wearing one of these days to look for green notes. It is pretty complex and good for wearing anytime.
    K
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    Yang is still on my "to try" list due to all its praise that it gets. How do you find its longevity and sillage?
    Teflondog, after a full day's wearing of YANG i have to say that the longevity and sillage are outstanding. Different layers of fragrance kept wafting up to my nose very gently throughout the day. I "refreshed" twice only to experience the amazing evolution of its notes again, but there was really no need to.
    Five stars out of five for longevity and sillage in my book. Get it!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I'm loving my decant ot Yang, does anyone know where I might be able to find a full/near full bottle cheap? Thanks.

Cheers,
    David