Code of Conduct

Thread: Purple Label

Default Purple Label

I just ordered a bottle of Ralph Lauren Purple Label. It reminds me of Bulgari PH Extreme on the one hand (oakmoss and juniper berries?), and on the other it seems to have a close relationship with RL's Romance Silver. Does anyone else detect these (or other) similarities in PL?

Default Re: Purple Label

Yes, you are zooming on the oakmoss note in PL and Silver. It's their house note. Bulgari PH Extreme has it as well. I find RL Silver and Bulgari PH Extreme to be more complex than PL though. I'm wondering why PL has suddenly emerged from the depths of exclusivity. Has RL suddenly decided to release it to the masses?

I put a squirt of this on my wrist the other day.

At first I thought it was good, then after an hour had elapsed, I thought it was too good - totally overpowering what I was wearing, including various other sample squirts.

After two hours of the olfactory assault, I tried washing it off with soap and hot water, but it was still there with some strength 6 hours later.

At long last, there is finally a scent on the market that rivals Joop for tenacity.
    Renato

hhmmmm........... Not encouraging at all............

I'd better approach this more carefully than planned........................... :-X

I wasn't being negative on the scent itself, it's just that this is one of the few times I'd have to say go easy on it when applying - it is far more potent than what one would typically expect.
    Renato

It is very interesting that you review this scent in this fashion. When PL was 1st released...The biggest draw back if I remember correctly was that this did not last.
    Of course I know different...This really lasts well on my skin.
    This is one of my compliment scents....I will receive a compliment when wearing PL....And of course this is one of my faves.....Love It...Love It...Love It...
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by G.303
    The biggest draw back if I remember correctly was that this did not last.

Gary
    I remember reading the same thing...several different times.

Now I want to try this because I like RL Romance Silver and have heard these two have some similar qualities.

They do have similar qualitiies...These are excellent fragrances IMO...I would never want to be without either one....I know this may sound crazy...but I have back ups for both.
    Purple Label does not have a shower gel....I use my Silver shower gel when I want to wear Purple Label....2 very Classy scents...2 classic to ignore IMHO.
    Gary

Thanks Gary! I appreciate the info.

I too had read from several guys that this one had no longetivity which is why I've never tried it.

Now, though...

Purple Label is one of my top 5 scents. I absolutely love this stuff and wear it frequently. I have both the Splash and the EDT spray. They last forever on me. I don't get too much of a connection with Romance Silver. To me the very prominent note is Tobacco Flower, with a dryness and masculinity that screams power and class. The Girls all seem to love it, and it is unique, not a common scent at all. It draws compliments all over the place.

Got it.........................Love it......................

Quote Originally Posted by John.com
    Got it.........................Love it......................
    What's your perception of it's strength and endurance?
    Renato

Renato,

I'm getting a consistent 7-8 hrs. from PL, *ramping down towards quitin' time with light woods, slightly powdery. *A quick end of day work out provided a small encore. *A real "hider". *Awesome. *I've not a hint of regret.................

Let me know what came about from that lunch break........... * *

I went on a first date with a fine looking young lady a few nights ago. Before leaving the house, I lightly sprayed, so as not to be over done, a few squirts of PL for subtle effect. About a half hour later, upon arriving at her front door, and greeting with a brief hug, she enthusiastically proclaims "Oh my God, you smell wonderful!", and then proceeds to quiz me about the scent for about 5 minutes, saying that it may be the best mens scent she has ever smelled. The next day, on the phone, she again brings it up and tells me that all she could think about after I left last night was my lingering scent, and how manly it smelled. Today, she can't get me, or it, off her mind. I would say that PL worked very well for me last Thursday evening!

If you don't know PL, you should.

Interesting replies! But does anyone else get the Bulgari PH Extreme connection?

does anyone else get the Bulgari PH Extreme connection?

Not me at all! I find PL totally unique. Huge tobacco flower influence. Miles above Bugari PH Ext, IMO.

No I do not get the Bvlgari PH Extreme Connection. Love both of these scents....Purple Label is my fave of the 2. Purple Label is in my top 5 for sure!!!!!
    My Wife LOVES when I wear Purple Label. This is overlooked by many IMO....This is a very Classy scent no doubt....Never want to be without this that's for sure....
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I put a squirt of this on my wrist the other day.

At first I thought it was good, then after an hour had elapsed, I thought it was too good - totally overpowering what I was wearing, including various other sample squirts.

After two hours of the olfactory assault, I tried washing it off with soap and hot water, but it was still there with some strength 6 hours later.

At long last, there is finally a scent on the market that rivals Joop for tenacity.
    Renato
    Well, after writing the above, I was thinking of buying Purple Label - since I love strong scents and happen to have vouchers for that store to use up.

I went by there last week, sprayed some on my hand from the nearly empty tester and went off to eat some lunch, as I made my final decision of whether to go for it or the other strong scent, the Silver Shadow Pure Blend, that I'd sprayed on the other hand.

This time, however, the Purple Label was nowhere near as strong as I described above.

I went by there today, saw a brand new tester bottle, sprayed it on and went to eat something. Same result - nowhere near as strong as what I described above.

Beats me what is going on.
    Renato

I tries PL first in May and it seemed to fade fast. Bummer, A couple weeks ago, I was at Niemann Marcus in Oakbrook Center and said "Hey! Let's give it another go." This time, it certainly was stronger and did last. I dunno. It may depend on one's skin.

And I'VE got the weirdest skin chemistry in all the Basenotes Community!! (To my knowledge!)

Where's a good place to buy this one?

I just received my bottle the other day from perfume-bay.com. *I'm loving this stuff however do any of you sense a faint sent of Issey Miyake? *It's very faint but that's what I'm getting out of this during the dry down.