Code of Conduct

Default The smell of the shower gel.............

With no scents left to buy ( ;D) I have started building up a shower gel stock (though they are some kind of a waste of money and really is not nescessary to own at all).

Which ones do you recommend - and why.............and which will you warn me against?

Mic.

Default Re: The smell of the shower gel.............

Right now...the only ones I'd recomend getting are...
    GIT, A*MEN, Gendarme, John Varvatos and D&G ph

When I bought Bvlgari Pour Homme at Macy's in NYC (a little while ago; 1999?), they gave me a small showergel for free, too. One of the great things about scented showergel is that the temperature of hot water brings up all the top, middle and base notes at the same time. Bvlgari Pour Homme per se is not particularly an impressive cologne (though it's been one of my classic favorites I wear more often than not), but the showergel is just wonderful. To my nose, coriander, darjeeling, musk and something else comes up at the same time and it's heavenly. It almost feels like they made this showergel first, and then created EDT later....

VV

I have read here that the TM Cologne Shower Gel is one of the best out there. Therefor I bought it blind. If I compare it now with my other Shower Gels (Heliotrope, Kingdom, Chanel pour Monsieur) it's absolutely the best.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

This is a little off-beat, but L'Occitane's Rose bath and shower gel is simply wonderful. Go sniff it, if nothing else. Their Voleur de Roses is a bit lacking in the complexity department, though.

I got some Member's Mark "shimmering spa formula", smells pretty nice. Cheap, too, 80 oz. for like 8 bucks. :P

Sander Men and L'Occitane Eau Des 4 Voleurs are a couple of my favorites. I bought the Sander Men shower gel and then the EDT. Took the EDT back because it was nothing like the shower gel which has a terrific green, light fruit, wood and incense scent.

One of the best I ever had was Clinique Happy!!! 8-) Now I want to try M7! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by dr.creed
    I have read here that the TM Cologne Shower Gel is one of the best out there. Therefor I bought it blind. If I compare it now with my other Shower Gels (Heliotrope, Kingdom, Chanel pour Monsieur) it's absolutely the best.

Yeah, I think TM Cologne may be the best shower gel I've ever used. Its expensive but a bottle lasts a long time. I've gone through two bottles of it, and its a great treat to use. Just a little goes a long way.

Also, Rive Gauche pour homme shower gel was tied with best ever, but I'm out of it and It'll be hard to track some down. Its so much deeper than the EDT. The perfect lavender note.

Gendarme shower gel is also one of the best.

LOL! I've been doing the same as you, concentrating on adding shower gels and soaps for the scents I already have. Can you believe that I recently scored the accompanying soap to Phileas? Just one bar, though, and I'm hesitant to use it. Anyway, for across the board consistency, nothing beats any of the Guerlain shower gels I have (Vetiver, Coriolan). They are rich and fragrant, a little produces lots of lather, and they impart a beautiful base to the worn scent. I would try some of the others mentioned in this thread except that I do not have the scent for any of them.

Jeff

Body Kouros gel is excellent and a little goes a long way.

M7 gel: a little also goes a long way, but it has more of some sort of note than the juice... I think it might be ginger. Probably don't need to use the gel + EDT ... maybe 1 blast 'o' EDT when I use the gel. I also have deodorant which is nothing like the EDT.

The Diors I have used have tended to be fairly good: Eau Sauvage and Fahrenheit. Versace L'Homme is also good, but it might be a bit much with the EDT; not sure.

L'Occitane Vetyver gel is decent but you need to use more than usual amount.

Halston Z-14 gel was abysmal.

I have a Royal Copenhagen bar but have never used it.

Generally I have been using Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap (liquid), both peppermint and aloe vera. They do not seem to clash with the frag and I haven't noticed decrease in duration, unlike when I use some other soaps. (i.e. bar of verbena soap I used today.)
    K
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Azzaro VISIT Shower gel.
    Amazing scent that kinda reminds me of cherry Coke for some reason! But trust me, I feel the EDT is lacking something If I dont use the shower gel beforehand. I need to stock up!

Forgot one!
    Sung Homme. Not bad at all. It isn't one where a little goes a long way, but...

That thick purple gel looks really cool! Smells good too. Too bad the EDT doesn't last on me.
    K
    In rotation: Greenbriar (new), Silver Mountain Water, Dunhill for Men (1934), Acqua di Parma Colonia, Habit Rouge EDC, Ho Hang, B*Men, Agua Brava

Another vote for Mugler Cologne shower gel. The best way to start a day.

Bulgari Aqua...smells even better than the juice!

And for a drugstore variety, I've been relishing the smells of Old Spice Arctic Freeze and especially After Hours. Surprisingly good stuff!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Regular PS.

One more vote for Mugler Cologne shower gel ;D
    Guerlain Heritage shower gel is good, too.

I agree about L'Occitane Rose shower gel.

Molton Brown has some good ones, like Wild Indigo but I don't recommend their Pepper shower gel (way, way too peppery imo.)

I've also heard that the TM Cologne shower gel is fabulous... haven't gotten around to trying it, yet.

I just bought some other ETRO Body & Hair Shampoos: Vetiver, Sandalo and Shaal Nur

I already own Heliotrope Body & Hair Shampoo. It's fantastic.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

My favorite is Guerlain Vetiver shower gel.

I agree that the Bulgari Aqua shower gel is even better than the EDT.

The Bulgari Pour Homme shower gel is perfect with the Extreme EDT.

I hadn't thought to mention this until now, but the Bath & Body Works retail chain has some really nice aromatherapy shower gels. They have lavender/vanilla, orange/sandalwood, sandalwood/rose, eucalyptus/spearmint, lemongrass/mandarin, and lavender/mimosa. If you don't have a store nearby you can view them here: http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/fami...l&view=all. The many different varieties can serve as a nice base to many fragrances. Not to mention they're inexpensive on sale.

Jeff