Code of Conduct

Default Versace Dreamer vs Givenchy Pi vs Boucheron Jaipur

Which is the more sexy scent for a man to wear? 8-)

Overcome By Fumes

Default Re: Versace Dreamer vs Givenchy Pi vs Boucheron Ja

Jaipur Homme, definitely! The Dreamer is pleasant, but Pi is a bit overly sweet.

Wow, that's a toughie. If you like sweet, I'd say Pi, and I'm probably one of the few that'll reccomend that over Jaipur, but Jaipur smells a bit more woman's perfumey to me, but few(if any) share that opinion. Pi also gets quite a bit of compliments.

Dreamer, I never got compliments with this one, but girls are usually more flirty with me then usual. Definately more mysterious, which can be sexy.

Like stevef said, very tough choice. I love those all. At the end it`s all about that famous chemistry, so one suits one and the second suits another.
    For me, if someone were to put a gun on my head, my choice would be Pi.

Jaipur is classy sexy while Dreamer is in your face sexy. Pi is just yummy. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    Jaipur is classy sexy while Dreamer is in your face sexy. Pi is just yummy. *;D
    Ditto.

Very, very tough choices. But since its sexiness you want, i'd go with the exotic sexiness of Jaipur. You need spices to be spicy and Pi lacks that, while Dreamer doesn't have enough!

Of the three, Jaipur is the only one that doesn't seem to evoke a "love / hate" discourse on this board. It has a classic elegance to it, but can be a bit much if oversprayed, a common characteristic of each of the three you mention. I prefer the EdT version to the EdP....I think its significantly less cloying and better balanced, particularly if its to be worn in a work environment.

As mentioned above, Pi is a rather sweet scent. I don't care for sweet scents, at least for wearing out in public, but will spray a bit of this on if I'm wandering around the house on a cloudy Saturday.

Dreamer is one that ALOT of folks hate. I like it, one of the more overt tobacco fragrances I own.

Cheers!
    Jim

I started a thread about the Dreamer a few months ago and the response to this scent was overwhelmingly negative. Sure, it has it supporters, like every fragrance does, but why buy something that is so polarzing and so many knowledable noses dislike? That being said, it could be right up your alley--such is the subjective nature of scent.

I owner the Dreamer and Pi and couldn't wait to swap them after one squirt.

Jairpur, on the other hand, I will never be without, though it is not a "versatile" scent. It's a rich, elegant and formal scent like its brother Boucheron, and, like Jim said, must be applied judiciously.

Great input guys, sounds like i need to sample Jaipur! ;D

Dreamer is an everyday sexy scent!

Pi is for someone deserving of a woman on a cold wintery night in your arms to chase the chill away.

Jaipur is for the woman at work you'd like to see and have her knees buckle before you in the copier room or in front of the coffee machine! Just don't overapply. ;D

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    Jaipur is for the woman at work you'd like to see and have her knees buckle before you in the copier room or in front of the coffee machine!
    Oh man, I cracked up laughing after reading your post. ;D

Did I say something wrong? :P Honestly, it's been a long while since my last bottle, I remember how this sweet and spicy scent caught a lot of attention. I've taken a slight detour and ordered the fraicheur epicee version to whet the appetite for Jaipur again and hope to get a little attention with it. ;D

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I Remember the first time I tested Dreamer it was in a store and I shouted out loud "YUCK!!" most people in the store stared at me for a while, but I think it is the only one I actually shouted yuck at.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

They're all good.
    Initially, something in Pi and Dreamer I like more than in Jaipur.
    But I get sick of them fairly quickly, and don't want to wear them again for months, whereas I don't get that effect from Jaipur.
    Renato