Code of Conduct

Default Dior Homme=Hanae Mori EDP

I had to go to Nordstroms today to get more Art of Shaving cream and oil, while I was there I thought I'd sniff out some new fragrances. I got a sampler of Dior Homme and wore it out of the store. First thought: Very woody, the iris root was quite prominent, I liked it. The problem is that the dry down after 30-45 mins smells almost exactly like HM EDP, minus some of the citrus and with a faint hint of cocoa. My girlfriend really liked the smell, but I can't see myself buying it since I already have HM. This seems like a more well behaved clone of HM that you could wear more casually.

Default Re: Dior Homme=Hanae Mori EDP

If so, you've saved me some bucks!

I gotta disagree. Dior has a more woody and muskier base--more oriental, where HM is fruity and vanilla with hint of chocolate throughout--more gourmand.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by madgradrx
    I had to go to Nordstroms today to get more Art of Shaving cream and oil, while I was there I thought I'd sniff out some new fragrances. I got a sampler of Dior Homme and wore it out of the store. First thought: Very woody, the iris root was quite prominent, I liked it. The problem is that the dry down after 30-45 mins smells almost exactly like HM EDP, minus some of the citrus and with a faint hint of cocoa. My girlfriend really liked the smell, but I can't see myself buying it since I already have HM. This seems like a more well behaved clone of HM that you could wear more casually.

I said the same thing a few weeks back after I tried it and everyone thought I was cuckoo....I'm glad I'm not.
    I own both...HM edp is a bit sweeter.

So if you guys had to choose between the two, which one would you choose?

I'm just bought Dior Homme blind so I can't wait to try it out, but I've smelt on of the Hanae Mori scents before but I don't know which one. I got a extra sample in a swap, It was a fully white sample spray with Hanae Moir EDP written in Black font. Was it the ladies EDP or the men's HM version?

Dior hands down for me, I can't wear HM two days in a row because it can be overly fruity to me.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nsamadi
    I'm just bought Dior Homme blind so I can't wait to try it out, but I've smelt on of the Hanae Mori scents before but I don't know which one. I got a extra sample in a swap, It was a fully white sample spray with Hanae Moir EDP written in Black font. Was it the ladies EDP or the men's HM version?
    I think you could easily distinguish the men's EDP version from the women's. The men's is basically loads of vanilla with a touch of chocolate and hints of orange citrus while the women's is extremely fruity and floral.

I honestly don't think that the similarity between HM and DH is that obvious. To me HM is much more fresh and citrusy which is already a big difference.

I must admit I dont think much of Hanae Mori ! I find the top notes too harsh and the drydown too familiar (the drydown reminds me of a 90s scent "Giorgio Beverly Hills" -blue curvy bottle-for men). To me that combination is disturbing.

On the other hand Dior Homme is so well balanced you can hardly isolate indivual notes! It almost smells like a new ingredient! The only thing that bothers me about DH is that it vanishes too soon! I just wish they made an eau de parfum out of it.

You know, the more I smell, the more I can tell the cocoa difference between DH and HM, so I'm going with DH.

Post Thanks / Like

Still can't find it around here. ARGHH! I've been wanting to try this ever since Luca Turin wrote a glowing review of it!

Guess I'm off to Nordstrom or Saks in Indy in the not-so-distant future, but I'll be calling both of those places first so the mission isn't a lost cause.
    I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone.

Post Thanks / Like

An apple is an apple and an orange is an orange.

Dior Homme is Dior Homme and Hanae Mori is Hanae Mori.

The two are very different and distinct from each other.

HM is very sweet. DH is very heady. In fact the dry down of DH is very nice, one of the nicest this season. And the vanilla is very noticeable, I thought someone was in the room with me wearing Obsession.

I can't believed I poo pooed the Dior Homme from just a moments sampling at the counter the day it was released. Shame on me.

Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Post Thanks / Like

the dry down of DH is very nice indeed but i can't stand the head notes. it smells like dust to me