Code of Conduct

Default Scent Longevity Michael Kors & L'Instant

My two recent purchases were

Guerlain L'Instant
    Michael Kors Michael

Two lovely scents that ooze class, but the problem is they lack longevity. L'Instant lasts for 2 hours and Michael is gone in about half an hour with me. Now, I really thought that - judging from the description in the Directory - it must be a real powerhouse. But it's gone in minutes, sadly. Is it just me? Even the original Baldessarini lasts at least 4 -5 hours on me... :-?

Default Re: Scent Longevity Michael Kors & L'Instant

No way man!!! Michael Kors easily lasts 6+ hours. How do you apply and what soap do you shower with?

I'm not kidding! This came quite as a surprise to me, as it smells like some good old school diesel. ;D

Well, my girl-friend can't seem to sense it after 1 - 2 hours as well and I bought the stuff here in a regular perfume store here in Germany (Douglas).

Maybe it just doesn't work out with my skin type. I have never had ANY issues with lack of longevity, not even with Baldessarini and kept wondering what people were complaining about... I prayed Michael on half an hour ago, 2 spritzes on my right hand, and now it's almost gone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    No way man!!! Michael Kors easily lasts 6+ hours. How do you apply and what soap do you shower with?
    My experience, too. There is plenty of longevity in Michael Kors; 7+ hours on my skin. Are you in a high humidity envirnoment?

Jeff

Longevity is a tricky issue. There are BNoters who have longevity issues with A*Men. :-?

But more often then not you will find people saying Michael lasts long time and I am one of them.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

I traded away my Michael Kors a while ago, so I can't comment on it while knowing what I'm talking about. L'Instant however, first seemed to last only a few minutes on me when I first tried it out, but after I lived with it on over a few days I found it was there all day. Sometimes it was there much much longer too, as it made my dirty laundry and sweaters smell of it. Very odd, but I found it had extreme longevity after at first thinking it had none whatever. I can't explain it. I hope you find the same thing though.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    was going to say the same thing.

Michael Kors does not last long on either. It starts off strong and slowly fades away with out a trace left on my clothes the next day.

The scent was designed to be subtle.