Code of Conduct

Default Azzaro Pure Vetiver

I've been looking at the Azzaro Pure's for a while because of their cheap price, and had a quick whiff of Pure Vetiver but didn't get a chance to try it on. The scent reminded me strongly of a cheaper version of Creed SMW. Anyone agree? Any thoughts on this one?

Default Re: Azzaro Pure Vetiver

It smells incredibly disgusting. Cheap soap smell and pungent vetiver instead of the usual earthy vetiver. Vetiver should smell a little 'brown', but the vetiver in this one smells 'neon green'. The first hour is unbearable. The rest is just torture. It's like cheap white pepper sprinkled over cow grass... Now everyone can make their own 'Pure Vetiver'...

I'm one of the few people who like this one. I can't help it, its a real pick me up scent. And believe it or not, I've smelled it on other random people and it was pretty nice. It almost has a minty aura about it. Most people laugh at its presumption of calling itself a "vetiver." I can see why but I love it.

It's a fabulous lively scent, as opposed to the more staid conventional vetivers. It has the same sort of aura and presence as my other Azzaro favourite - Chrome. I've always passed on buying Silver Mountain Water, but I jumped at buying Pure Vetiver.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    It's a fabulous lively scent, as opposed to the more staid conventional vetivers. It has the same sort of aura and presence as my other Azzaro favourite - Chrome. I've always passed on buying Silver Mountain Water, but I jumped at buying Pure Vetiver.
    Renato
    That's exactly true. Its a totally different role for vetiver. Sure, people ask WHAT vetiver? As if it's lacking in vetiver. I think it has TONS of vetiver. I can really see why people hate this scent though. Sometimes, there seems to be something half-cocked about it and I can't specify what. However, as I've said this is a real pick-me-up scent, and its hard for me to be stressed out wearing it. I've only smelled SMW once, but thats an interesting comparison. It does remind me of how I remember SMW.

Azzaro Pure Vetiver- I think we can all agree, its the most maligned of all vetivers.

I agree there is lots of vetiver in this one. But the vetiver is too green and in this case, it isn't a good thing! It fails to bring out the earthy nature of vetiver and that's why I don't like it...

I'm another supporter of this!

It's dry and green and refreshing! It mellows nicely after dry down.

Great Summer scent.

I'm with the haters - the sharp, pungent and as correctly noted "neon-green" peppery topnotes are unbearable. It's worse than a toilet flusher. I gave it away to my friend and on him it smells somewhat decent though, but only if you get a whiff of it from a mile away, move a bit closer and you'll get green leaf juice sprinkled liberally with pepper.

S**T! *Now you guys are making me buy another one--I just can't pass up buying these controversial ones blind.

It's a pleasant scent... but nothing mind-blowing. I've got a bottle on my swap-list if anyone's interested

It's a horrible scent. Smells cheap, cheap, cheap... Annoying to the extreme. :P

And I thought I was the only one who hated it Almost wanted to put it on today :P

Not sounded like something I should buy blind...

Quote Originally Posted by Xen
    I agree there is lots of vetiver in this one. But the vetiver is too green and in this case, it isn't a good thing! It fails to bring out the earthy nature of vetiver and that's why I don't like it...
    Agreed. It doesn't have the earthiness about it of most other vetivers. Actually, neither does Lanvin's.
    Still, I have no problem having bottles of both earthy and unearthy vetivers to wear.

I liked Pure Vetiver so much that I bought Pure Lavender blind. I was pleased with it, but still thought Pure Vetiver the more compelling.

And upon further reflection, one of my biggest let downs earlier this year was sampling Creed Original Vetiver - it's not particularly earthy either, but it didn't have any zing like Azzaro's to make up for it.
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by Renato
    I liked Pure Vetiver so much that I bought Pure Lavender blind. I was pleased with it, but still thought Pure Vetiver the more compelling.

I bought both Pure Lavender and Vetiver blind (fo $10 ea at Marshalls).

Pure Lavender starts out quite nice, but it settles down to almost pure vanlilla. Not bad, actually, just not much lavender.

Quote Originally Posted by phersurf
    [quote author=Renato link=1130621067/0#13 date=1130759696]

I bought both Pure Lavender and Vetiver blind (fo $10 ea at Marshalls).

Pure Lavender starts out quite nice, but it settles down to almost pure vanlilla. Not bad, actually, just not much lavender.
    [/quote]

I thought about getting Pure Lavender too, but I've read on here that it's a wimpy version of Laguna, which I love and own.