Code of Conduct

Default S.T. Dupont Signature

I don't know what it is about Signature. It is one of the few samples I've tried that is making its way up the charts to my buy list. And I can't even explain why I like it. To me it smells mostly like an aromatic pipe tobacco sitting in a humidor. Not a smell I long for. And it has one toe over the line into too sweet. Not the best place to be. Yet, I wore it again last night, and found it very comforting and intriguing. I kept smelling my wrist. And this morning, I enjoyed what was left of it. And still thinking there is something not quite right about it.

Very odd.

Default Re: S.T. Dupont Signature

The amber, incense and pepper make a nice masculine scent. I just got into this stuff again and think it is one of the best inexpensive men's fragrances.

I think it an intriguing scent. I find it strangely addictive whenever I haven't worn it for a while, but that quickly wears off after one wearing. I have a similar reaction to D&G Homme.
    Renato

I love signature! It's sweet but It's never cloying or annnoying, maybe this characteristic leads some people to think It's too common but that's what makes me love it! 8-)
    It stays close to my skin, I think It's very romantic.

Signature is one of my favorites, too, and I, too, find it somewhat mysterious. *You're right, Andrew, that it might be *bit confusing as to exactly what the attraction is. *I think its attraction for me has something to do with its balance--it seems to keep shifting among being green, being woody, being sweet, being ambery-vanillany, and the incense in there adds just the right touch to keep it interesting. *At times I think lead pencil, then dust, then amber.

I really enjoy it and it was one of my first orders after sampling a couple dozen samples.

Gad. Every reply rings a bell with me. For example, it does keep shifting around. Which makes it interesting, and hard to pin down. And its level of sweetness, along with some other aspects, does make it seem declasse. But I still like it.

BTW, the first time I tried it, Obsession for Men came to mind. But Obsession didn't score as high on my sniff-o-meter. Do any of you have other fragrances come to mind that are close to Signature.

francois

Signature is also a favorite of mine.
    The closest scent I know is Rouge Royal by Marina de Bourbon.
    Just got a bottle of this from Martin a few days ago!
    That doesn't mean there's nothing even more similar though!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_B.
    BTW, the first time I tried it, Obsession for Men came to mind. *But Obsession didn't score as high on my sniff-o-meter. *Do any of you have other fragrances come to mind that are close to Signature.
    Funny you should mention it--I don't usually think of other scents when I sniff something new, but in this case I thought "Opium"--which endeared Signature to me because I love Opium. *That dust thing in Signature reminded me a bit of a note in Passage d'Enfer.

Thanks for the tips on similar fragrances. I'll be sure to try them. I also read that Nemo and Ungaro I have some similarities. *

I just won a bottle of this on EBAY....for $8 and Lalique ph for $10...if they are even just OK I come out a winner