Code of Conduct

Default The Baron by Baron von Langendorff

Today I finally got to sample this scent and truly fell in love with it. *Its very unique and I would say its not for everyone just those who really like to dive into old school classic scents. *The scent is very sweet tart and floral and greatly reminds me of its sister scent White Shoulders for women a classic in the female circle created also by Baron Von Langendorff. *The Baron was recreated in 2002 by LTL fragrances using the exact formula and bottle design the even still have the crown embossed on the bottom of the bottle (the emblem of old Evyan Parfums). *I suggest checking this out if you like classics like Royal Copenhagen, Worth...

Here is some further found info:

The legend of The Baron began in the mid-sixties when one of America's foremost chemists and aromatic perfumers, the late Baron Von Langendorff, created an extraordinary cologne for men. He proudly christened his fragrance, "The Baron". Thirty-seven years later, the original scent and name remain unchanged.
    When the scent was introduced in 1965, "The Baron" cologne became an instant success in the world of men's fragrances. Boldly masculine, admired by both women and men alike. Over the years, this exclusive fragrance has been recognized as a true American classic. Von Langendorff was a leading pioneer in the American perfume industry. His earlier triumph, "White Shoulders" perfume for women, was created in 1940 and continues to this day to be one of the most desired and successful women's fragrances in America.
    Evyan Perfumes, the New York-based fragrance manufacturer which Baron Von Langendorff founded and directed, produced and marketed this stunning fragrance. Evyan was considered to be the premier Perfume House in the industry according to many product management trade news publications.
    Langendroff was known for his profound passion to oversee everything in his factory. His keen senses, both visual and olfactory, produced a product whose primary purpose delighted the nose, but whose distinctive packaging appealed to the eye as well.
    The Baron's vision and quest for perfection was his driving force. Unlike other fragrance and perfume manufacturers, he never allowed merchandise to be shipped until it had been properly aged -- sometimes as long as half a year!

In the new millennium, LTL Fragrances of New York owns all the production and manufacturing rights for "The Baron" product line. The guiding credo of this company is to continue the tradition and vision of the late Baron Langer von Langendorff with all the grand style and pursuit of quality as he had during his lifetime.
    This distinctive fragrance is now being recreated and manufactured according to the old, secretly kept formulas. Nothing has changed, not even our art deco style silver flacon and our recognized silver packaging with its red, white and blue trim.

Default Re: The Baron by Baron Dr. Langer von Langendorff

Is that his real name? ;D ;D ;D That poor guy

Default Re: The Baron by Baron Dr. Langer von Langendorff

I actually loved this scent in the 80's...just because it was quite different and not so "in your face" as the powerhouses in the likes of Obsession for Men during that time. It was only after looking at the BN directory that The Baron was created a years before that, in the 60s. I loved its floral and vanillla-like nature, and yes just like the White Shoulders my mom used to wear! And HEY! The bottle was silver--so cool! If I'm to compare it to something done more recently, it would be something like Frederic Malle's Eau d'Hiver or Bulgari Blu.

Another great "old-timer" I loved back in the 80's was Canoe' by Dana c. 1936--I think it could've easily have been a sport scent of today. But like the Baron, it goes to show there can be a true timelessness to a composition of a scent.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: The Baron by Baron von Langendorff

I had this one, but damned if I can remember what it smelled like. Like iMaverick, I remember it was not strong like its contemporaries Jade East, Brut, etc.

Where is it available?

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    I had this one, but damned if I can remember what it smelled like. Like iMaverick, I remember it was not strong like its contemporaries Jade East, Brut, etc.

Where is it available?
    Almost everywhere on the net and Perfumania stores too. It is a very long lasting scent and I do think if not sprayed right it would be overwhelming. It is so darn close in to White Shoulders a masculine version.

Sometimes I'll catch a whiff of Gendarme V and it reminds me of The Baron. Wonder if it is the ylang ylang?
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

This is one of my favorites. It was love at first sniff, the bottle is cool in a Rat Pack kinda way. Good longevity to boot.

This is a beautiful, underrated scent.

The Baron sold well in the 1960s, riding the crest of the "Red Baron" mania of the time. There was a great interest in WWI aviation and, of course, young Rittmeister (Captain) Freiherr (Baron) Manfred von Richthofen, Germany's highest ace with 80 air victories, killed by Commonwealth soldiers just short of his 26th birthday. (Australian ground gunners or a Canadian pilot--you choose.)

Notice how the script on the silver bottle is red, underscoring "red baron."

Marketed at just the right time...
    Last edited by Primrose; 16th May 2010 at 02:32 AM.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

I've always wanted to try this one.

Thanks for bringing it to my atention again.

wow this review of mine was taken out of the mothballs! I didn't even know I wrote this..lol

sounds like regional perfume success, I have to find it to try ))
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Sounds interesting, I will pick up a bottle this week.

I think the company LTL Fragrances went belly up so The Baron is again lost in someone achieves .

Bash me if you want, but if my nose fails me not, I recall it being similar to Lanvin's Arpege. I owe a hand to hand comparisson.