Code of Conduct

Default Ain't nothing like the scent of a Hummer

'Not satisfied with insulting your senses on 10 different levels, the geniuses in GM's marketing department went ahead and dredged up Hummer H2, a "spicier" scent that "carries the same family lineage of the original Hummer Fragrance for Men, but takes on a racier red side." Isn't that adorable? What red means in the context of the Hummer brand is anyone's guess. The blood of all the crushed passengers in those other small cars? The embarrassed flush of your cheeks as you block traffic for 20 minutes while trying to parallel park? The color you see every time you drop 85 bucks to fill your tank? One can only wonder.'

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl....entertainment
    Lovesick the wind that carries it

Default Re: Ain't nothing like the scent of a Hummer

That's too funny, Pieter. I read Morford's article a couple days ago and thought about posting it here as well!
    Small world, iddnit?

I read it, too, and it was a hilarious article. There is one mistake, though: it's not made by GM itself, as GM licenses the Hummer brand to Riviera Concepts. Same goes for Hummer footwear (I actually own a pair), Hummer walkie-talkies, and Hummer boomboxes...they're also licensed out by GM to other companies.

And there's already an "official cologne of NASCAR"...it's called Old Spice, and we all know what it smells like.
    Top 5 for Late Summer:
    1) Straight to Heaven - By Kilian
    2) Aventus - Creed
    3) Flower of Immortality - By Kilian
    4) L'Humaniste - Frapin
    5) Millesime Imperial - Creed

My mission statement: "I am not afraid to keep on living - I am not afraid to walk this world alone."

I have to add one thing. There is also a cologne designed by Carlos Santana. And a perfume: Carlos Santana for Women. I have no words for this, except these: If you are wearing Santana cologne, call your doctor. Please. Do it now.
    Who is this SMURF?

The other day I read Marlen's review of Santana's fragrance for men on NowSmellThis: a kickass olfactory description of the drydown, lots of vivid imagery, useful comparisons, the works. And most of all, none of that "shooting at ambulances" to raise a cheap laugh. In fact, his verdict was quite favourable.

Which makes this *nobody columnist here look pretty pale. Taking a swing at our legendary Black-Magic-Woman 7-box set guitar soloing hero CARLOS SANTANA with a freggin' straw. Who's gonna be calling for a doctor here?!

(I know, I have no sense of humor)
    [font=verdana][url=http://del.icio.us/scentedpages][b]my bookmarks on del.icio.us[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=http://www.nstperfume.com/perfume-books/][b]my book reviews on NST[/b][/url][/font]
    [font=verdana][url=www.scentedpages.com][b]ScentedPages.com[/b][/url][/font]

I wear Z-14 and enjoy it.. and Jeff Gordon also endorses it.

That must mean that it's for awesome people. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Marcello
    I have to add one thing. There is also a cologne designed by Carlos Santana. And a perfume: Carlos Santana for Women. I have no words for this, except these: If you are wearing Santana cologne, call your doctor. Please. Do it now.
    Who is this SMURF?
    Please don't pick on the SMURF he's blue as is right now ;D ;D ;D ;D

I have to admit, I clicked on this thread thinking it would be about something very different! :-X