Code of Conduct

Default Three new purchases today

I bought three new scents today. Here they are with a short review of each.

1: Dior Homme. Wooooaaaa!!!!!!! This smells just like Flowerbomb to me. Very soft, floral, powdery, and feminine. I love it though. Hopefully, this will be a groundbreaking scent that will bring more variety to the mens fragrance market.

2: Marc Jacobs for Men. Very rich and smooth. Smells alot like the womens version. Perfect Gardenia/Turberose scent for guys. Smells kind of "figgy" too.

3: Miss Dior (the old version). I had to get at least one feminine frag. When i was a kid my mother used to make chicken curry for dinner. It was very rich and spicy. Miss Dior smells EXACTLY like my mothers chicken curry. It doesnt smell feminine nor masculine to me. It just smells like chicken curry.
    Awesomeguy

Default Re: Three new purchases today

I have Marc Jacobs Men and I like it quite a bit. It is a tad close to feminine, but I don't get alot of florals when I wear it. I really like the watery accord. Sure its totally synthetic, but it smells really abstract. I like the way the water runs off the musk and fig notes. Nice and milky scent. I can't take the womens version with all of the florals, but the mens is really nice. It almost has an edible chewy quality to it. imagine a coconut flavored Starburst candy chew- thats what Marc Jacobs for Men smells like to me. I should wear this one more.

I remember when it came out. Former Basenoter and full time Carolina Herrera slave Jeffery P (see, I even spell his name right!) was anxious to try this scent. He did everything he could to get a sample as soon as he could on the date it was released...And he hated it. HATED IT! He talked so much trash on this scent, saying it smelled like old ladies (can kind of see it). He'd write stuff like, "Oh, I'll be over for bridge club in the old Buick after I put on some Marc Jacobs for men". It just slayed me. I wonder if he still hates it. He used to hate Michael for Men, and then did a 180...Who knows?

Miss Dior (the old version) is wonderful and I might be tempted! It was one of my mother's favovorites, but I still feel as her son not one of her daughters.
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Quote Originally Posted by rosbergs3
    I bought three new scents today. Here they are with a short review of each.

1: Dior Homme. Wooooaaaa!!!!!!! This smells just like Flowerbomb to me. Very soft, floral, powdery, and feminine. I love it though. Hopefully, this will be a groundbreaking scent that will bring more variety to the mens fragrance market.

2: Marc Jacobs for Men. Very rich and smooth. Smells alot like the womens version. Perfect Gardenia/Turberose scent for guys. Smells kind of "figgy" too.

3: Miss Dior (the old version). I had to get at least one feminine frag. When i was a kid my mother used to make chicken curry for dinner. It was very rich and spicy. Miss Dior smells EXACTLY like my mothers chicken curry. It doesnt smell feminine nor masculine to me. It just smells like chicken curry.

Not one was BAD ONE, but why wasn`t one a SPECIAL ONE?

Quote Originally Posted by PigeonMurderer
    [quote author=rosbergs3 link=1130446981/0#0 date=1130446981]I bought three new scents today. Here they are with a short review of each.

Not one was BAD ONE, but why wasn`t one a SPECIAL ONE?[/quote]

Okey, I take my STUPID comment back. Sometimes I speak with the braindamage. Sorry.

Dior Homme= Not bad.
    M.Jacobs= Mmm...not so special - let`s put it again this way.
    Miss Dior= I like it a lot after all.

Congrats on the three, Rosbergs. Love DH, and Marc Jacobs is also a very different scent, I appreciated the fact that it was a patchouli scent, but mellowed well with the addition of fig, which I swear is also in DH, but I was told that it might not be the case and is probably the ginger and bamboo combination that smelled like fig :-?

Wish I was brave enough to smell like chicken curry a la Dior! I love curry!

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!