Code of Conduct

Thread: Acier Aluminum

Default Acier Aluminum

Bonjour a Tous.What else out there is similar to this "Dream in a bottle".Sorry I plagarized that from Jenny X on the Perfumeemporium boards- regarding Burberry Touch.Please don't day Cinnebar...........Sorry.
    I have yet to try JHL.Is that close?If JHL smells just like Cinnebar I won't be wearing it.A tad to cloying and feminine for me.And that is from someone in which Fahrenheit and Minotaure is in his top ten.Thanks tons,Roland.

Default Re: Acier Aluminum

I SOOO want to try Acier Aluminum, as I've yet to try a Creed fragrance I didn't like yet, and this one sounds so awesome. But, there's no one on Basenotes, that I could find anyway, who is willing to decant this, and there's only one e-bayer with samples...phillipedesignsboutique1...has anyone ever purchased from here? I can't seem to find any other samples for sale online. I'd really prefer not to buy a bottle blind, as much faith as I may have in Creed.

Acier Aluminium has nothing to do with the metal aluminium. The top consists of very ripe fruits (plums? pears?) and smokey tabac. As soon as this tabac settles down, the remnant of fruits creates a beautiful accord with oakmoss and ambergris. Besides masculine tabac, it reminds me of Mitsouko (Guerlain). Though it's not a fragrance made for men primarily, if you like Acier Aluminium, you'll naturally will like Mitsouko. *:

VV

Quote Originally Posted by seccho
    I SOOO want to try Acier Aluminum, as I've yet to try a Creed fragrance I didn't like yet, and this one sounds so awesome. *But, there's no one on Basenotes, that I could find anyway, who is willing to decant this, and there's only one e-bayer with samples...phillipedesignsboutique1...has anyone ever purchased from here? *I can't seem to find any other samples for sale online. *I'd really prefer not to buy a bottle blind, as much faith as I may have in Creed.

SEnd me a PM with your address and i will send you a sample.

cheers, AZTEC

Oh , by the way, it's the brittish spelling: aluminium not aluminum.

you know what they say: 2 nations divided by a common language...

AZTEC

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrant_Violet
    Acier Aluminium has nothing to do the metal aluminium.
    Does anyone know the origin of this name? What exactly is the name meant to convey?
    Himalaya and Green Valley I get but this one stumps me.
    I've never had the pleasure to smell this but all of the reviews make it seem like heaven in a bottle....not an image conjured by a cold dull metal.
    Can someone enlighten me? :-*
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

VV when you say masculine tabac are you referring to the Maurier and Witz Tabac Original? Mitsouko has been on my short list to try for some time.I am going to order a sample today.Thanks Roland.

Quote Originally Posted by loungeboy
    [quote author=Vibrant_Violet link=1130474818/0#2 date=1130485919]Acier Aluminium has nothing to do the metal aluminium.
    Does anyone know the origin of this name? What exactly is the name meant to convey?
    Himalaya and Green Valley I get but this one stumps me.
    I've never had the pleasure to smell this but all of the reviews make it seem like heaven in a bottle....not an image conjured by a cold dull metal.
    Can someone enlighten me? :-*[/quote]

Acier means steel in French, so clearly there was intent to convey a metallic theme. I personally do think it smells metallic.

Roland;

I'm not sure how many different tabac notes exist because I usually do not wear tabac-themed fragrance. Well, I don't know, maybe it's not tabac. All I can say is it's a very masculine smokiness. I remember smelling the same smokiness in the Angelique Encens. This masculine smokiness comes up with ripe fruits simultaneously on its top note. Very interesting contrast. Then, IMO, it becomes Mitsouko-ish (amber + oakmoss) with smokiness and fruitiness remaining. I hope I'm making sense. Excuse me for my ignorance in these kind of fragrance. By the way, I've seen some small decants available at ebay, though....

VV

Acier doesn'r smell metalic to me, but I get more warm, cinamon like notes. Somehow it reminds me of Nicolai's New York. Doesn't the name Acier refer to armors of knights and kings like in the old knights of the round table *movies. ..hmmm..just thinkin out loud,... must be my romantic soul .Strange isn't it what a scent can make you think of.

I still want to know what the name is all about, strange name for a scent.

To be frank, this fragrance is f****ng amazing. It touches all facets of the human condintion through its development, taking us from the highest joys to the most deep sorrows. I cannot stress highly enough that every person who appreciates true fragrance craftsmanship (none of this department store cheap run-of-the-mill nonsense) should try or BUY this scent. I would say it's safe as a "blind buy," as it is one of the most exquisite fragrances ever created. The top begins with a punchy metallic accord, and then I detect, as someone said earlier, light citrus mixed with plums and pears. The drydown is simply orgasmic, with the plum, pears, and spices mixing with ambergris and absolute of vanilla.

Buy it!!!

I like it a lot and have no clue about the name. Maybe it's pure fiction?
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

I liked the sample I had of this one.
    A decant is availablle on ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/CREED-ACIER-ALUM...QQcmdZViewItem

good luck
    Slim
    Haikus are easy
    But do not always make sense
    Refrigerator

And here (just search for Slim):
    http://scentsplits.wikidot.com/current-splits

Well, I pm'd you Aztec.

Though, if it's less of a pain, I do now see an e-bay recommendation from SlimPickins. Though there still aren't many offering decants around...the whole aluminum/aluminium spelling thing wasn't helping me I think...haha.

MJH

Acier = steel, Acier chromé = chrome steel, so...............Acier Aluminium = aluminum steel?
    Sorry, still I still don't get it.

Anyhoo, to my nose, Acier Aluminium starts out with strong fruit notes, but they're not those awful
    melon/pear notes that make so many modern fruity-florals so gawdawful. I like VV's comparison
    to Mitsouko, since Mitsouko's peach note predates the current crop of fruit facsimiles by many
    decades; Rochas' Femme also has a similar pear/plum note. Unlike those feminine-targeted scents,
    though, there's a sharp, cold quality (maybe that's the metallic reference in the name) that separates
    it from those classic perfumes. Over a couple of hours, the scent seems to transform into something
    much more mellow and ambery. It's not as long-lived on me as some other Creeds (eg GIT) but
    it lasts well for about 4-6 hrs. By the way, I've shared samples with several women I know on
    different perfume boards, and they've all agreed it's wearable by women, too.

Thanks everyone for the comments.
    MJH,you are certainly right.This can be worn easily by a woman.It is listed on many perfume sites as a fragrance for women.I wonder if it was originally labeled as unisex and hence some retailers think of it still as a feminine fragrance.It is indeed a little feminine.No more than Fahrenheit or Grey Flannel though.
    Creed's site list it as a masculine fragrance,doesn't show it in the feminine fragrances section,however,lists Green Valley in both.Acier to my nose,however,is just as feminine as Green Valley.
    Oh still I would like to know how close JHL is to this? Anyone?Quelqu'un?I have to get some of this JHL,Aramis is my #1,and Tuscany is right up there with it.Thanks tons,Roland.

MJH

Quote Originally Posted by roland
    Oh still I would like to know how close JHL is to this? Anyone?Quelqu'un?I have to get some of this JHL,Aramis is my #1,and Tuscany is right up there with it.Thanks tons,Roland.
    Roland,
    To my nose, Acier Aluminium is quite different from JHL Aramis.
    In your earlier post, you asked if JHL Aramis was similar to Cinnabar: I own both fragrances,
    and I think they're very similar, but JHL is a little bit darker and richer than Cinnabar.

~Mark

Quote Originally Posted by MJH
    [quote author=roland link=1130474818/15#15 date=1130566352] Oh still I would like to know how close JHL is to this? Anyone?Quelqu'un?I have to get some of this JHL,Aramis is my #1,and Tuscany is right up there with it.Thanks tons,Roland.
    Roland,
    To my nose, Acier Aluminium is quite different from JHL Aramis.
    In your earlier post, you asked if JHL Aramis was similar to Cinnabar: I own both fragrances,
    and I think they're very similar, but JHL is a little bit darker and richer than Cinnabar.

~Mark
    [/quote]

You mean Cinnabar by Estée Lauder. The female one?

Well, I bought some minis on ebay and Cinnabar was included as pure perfume version. I don't know the Eau de Toilette or Eau de Parfum, but to me they are quite different. Maybe the weaker version is more similar though.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Mark thanks for the info.I have to get some JHL and quit bugging you guys.I owe it to the company anyway as I am and have always been smitten by Aramis the original.I haven't even tried Havana yet either which everyone seems to like here.
    I asked about the AA and the JHL similarity because in the reviews of one of them here someone made the connection.I do think AA is somewhat,though remotely,similar to Cinnebar.I was just thinking that JHL might be a cheaper way to have this type of scent.Thanks again,Roland.