Code of Conduct

Thread: Buying Blind

Default Buying Blind

Is it a bad idea to buy Live Jazz blind? I want something new and it is between Live Jazz and M7. I have never smelled either.

Why So Serious?

Default Re: Buying Blind

It is a bad idea to buy anything blind, period! I can gurantee you at least half of your investment would be wasted. Rather spend a little amount of money to get tons of samples, then decide. Unless ur rich and really dont care about money, i dont recommend buying anything blind.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Kilian Apple Brandy
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Parfums de Marly Galloway
    5. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese

Quote Originally Posted by pepse19
    Is it a bad idea to buy Live Jazz blind? I want something new and it is between Live Jazz and M7. I have never smelled either.
    I wouldn't recommend buying M7 blind, and I have yet to try Live Jazz. I find it kind of hard to describe M7, but I would say it's dark, sweet, and a bit synthetic. I love it though, and it only took me 2 tries to get it ;D. There are some haters though and it's understandable, it is different from other scents. So try a decant or a sample first.

I wouldn't recommend buying blind either. If you've ever had a sweater with a deer on it or something from you grandma as a present because SHE thought it was nice then... well, kind of the same thing.

Always test. Anything else could be a waste of money.

I get a lot blind, and I have not been stung that often with a bad buy. However, as the price of a scent goes up I am less likely to buy blind.

If you have the opportunity to test, do so. Quite frankly there are a lot of fragrances talked about on BN which are not widely available.

If you are risk-averse, don't buy blind. I recommend doing a thorough search against the past Basenotes postings before buying blind, however.

I think Live Jazz is outstanding, albeit more of an informal, summer scent. M7 is potent and suitable for cooler weather. I am neutral on M7. Beautiful modern bottle, at least.
    K
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    I get a lot blind, and I have not been stung that often with a bad buy. However, as the price of a scent goes up I am less likely to buy blind.

If you have the opportunity to test, do so. Quite frankly there are a lot of fragrances talked about on BN which are not widely available.

If you are risk-averse, don't buy blind. I recommend doing a thorough search against the past Basenotes postings before buying blind, however.

I think Live Jazz is outstanding, albeit more of an informal, summer scent. M7 is potent and suitable for cooler weather. I am neutral on M7. Beautiful modern bottle, at least.
    K
    I agree completely. and would say that M7 is more of a risk than Live Jazz. *I believe perfumebay has samples of M7--it will be harder to send for samples of Live Jazz. *Live Jazz is much cheaper. *If you're intent on going blind, Live Jazz has better odds.

I am the only "heretic" here. M7 is a beautiful oriental which is quite unique, and I consider it a safe buy. Although, Live Jazz is nice, it is a little bit generic IMHO.
    YMMV
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein