Code of Conduct

Thread: Bois d'Argent

Default Bois d'Argent

I finally got a bottle of Bois d'Argent. Yes. I had done all the homework before it got here. I did some search on the basenotes and makeupalley. I was ready. First, I was a little bit surprised because I thought it would be a spray bottle (it was not). Well, anyway, I applied some onto my wrist...... Wow, I was amazed by its interesting similarity to Bois Farine (L'Artisan). It's a very flour-ish scent which reminds of fresh bread being baked in the oven (excuse me for my poorly-trained nose). If you sniff very carefully, you can pick up various different stuff in it, but probably, honey was one of the most obvious notes here. And then it started to get sweeter and sweeter. Not amber-sweet or flowerish-sweet, but more like vanilla-sweet. At this statge, it started to remind me of Musc Ravageur (Frederic Malle). Though it's of eau-de-cologne concentration, it's a pretty long-lasting scent. For some reasons, I was expecting something more woody, I was a little bit disappointed, but it's a very interesting cologne. I guess the best part of "blind purchase" is imgagining what it will smell like, while you're waiting for the fragrance to be delivered by mail. *:

VV

P.S. Probably, you will see this bottle of Bois d'Argent on my swap list soon....

Default Re: Bois d'Argent

Ok, I'll bite, what do you want for it. I have a small sample bottle and it's the best soft scent i own.

After reading your description I ran to test my sample of it (thanks again scentemental). Of all the samples I have, I can't believe I overlooked this one. The name just didn't sound impressing to me. But I soon realized... THIS SCENT IS TO DIE FOR. This will definitely be on my x-mas list.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    After reading your description I ran to test my sample of it (thanks again scentemental). Of all the samples I have, I can't believe I overlooked this one. The name just didn't sound impressing to me. But I soon realized... THIS SCENT IS TO DIE FOR. This will definitely be on my x-mas list.
    Hey, i love the scent!!! No doubt you would too because its in the style of Geir, but more Oriental based which suits Oriental freeks like us!!! The secret to wearing this scent is by being really discrete. I'm writing an article which features this very scent and the need to be discrete sometimes. Awesome, awesome scent! Love the honey note. I certainly need more as my 30ml sample from Killer Vavoom (thanks dude!!!) is running out. Makes me wanna try out the others in Dior's series but i hear they're much louder scents than Bois d'Argent. I've been keeping mum about this one but what the heck, the cat's out of the bag, for a soft understated appeal, this can't be beat!

I think Eau Noire and Colognes Blanche smells very different from Bois d'Argent in these Dior Homme fragrance lines. I had an impression that Dior Homme is almost as warm as Bois d'Argent. To my nose, I smell more vanilla than honey in Dior Homme. The iris in its top is as clean as Bois d'Iris (TDC) and it gets warmer and warmer towards the base. I *think it's more warm and deep than loud. *

I agree Milamber. Bois d'Argent definitely bares a striking resemblance to the drydown of Geir, although Bois d'Argent is "darker" and softer IMO. It also reminds me of YSL Cinema in a way. Personally, I think it's the best of the Dior line.

I haven't properly evaluated Cologne Blanche yet, but to my nose it seems like it's missing a note that ties everything together. Based on first impressions, it's a little too round and lacks bite. I need to test it out further.

Eau Noire is really potent. It starts with a strong opening that reminds me very much of dried parsley, thyme, basil, and other spices in my mother's kitchen cabinet. It soon develops into a STRONG clove note that is quite pungent on my skin. The spices are still there, but seem subtle compared to the clove. Eau Noire is the strongest scent of the line and can be a bit too much if overapplied.