Code of Conduct

Default Decision time, which one?

OK, I've got about 70 something dollars to spend and I need some advice on how to spend it. I've got my eye on several different fragrences:

Piper Nigrum
    Gingembre by DSH
    Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta

I consider all three very "wearable" everyday fragrences (as opposed to other lusts of mine, LV musk and Musc Ravageur which I would reserve for "special" occaisions) and I love all of them. This will be my second full bottle of nice stuff, I anticipate getting all three eventually. I'm leaning towards Piper Nigrum since cooler weather is here and it's quite a bit less expensive than the Gingembre. I think of ADP CA as a warmer weather scent, but I do love it... Gingembre is noticably more expensive, but I find myself craving it. Besides, it's an EDP, so it should last longer than the EDT, right? Any help guys? Feel free to check out my (smallish) wardrobe if you think that'll help. Thanks!

Isaac

Default Re: Decision time, which one?

If I know basenoters, you're gonna get a lot of votes for Piper Nigrum, and since I haven't tested Gingembre, I'm backing Colonia Assoluta. It's a very versatile scent, you can wear it anytime and anywhere, a thing I can't say about PN, although I admit it's a great scent too. Anyway, either you leave this forum or you will end up getting all three, as you anticipate
    "It is the mark of a brave man to admit defeat, cut his loss and move on." - David Ogilvy

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Isaac
    Consider yourself lucky that all the three of them are within reach for $70. Piper Nigrum in Europe is more than $100. This and AdP (2nd time) are on my own list. I feel the same about Musk Ravageur - special occasion stuff. My advice: go for Gingembre now! After that you will still want the others. But would you buy PN or AdP now, the craving would still be there. Less pain in your wallet but more in your heart!

Lesson to myself - release DSH G from memory immediately, think about spending more on photography!!

Your pictures are cool!

'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

LOL! Thanks for the complimants on my pictures... Nothing like have multiple expensive hobbies. Of course I don't have to mae this one expensive, the trouble is once you smell the expensive stuff, everything else smells cheap!:-) I am leaning more and more towards Gingembre, if nothing else, it probably won't be around forever.... Need new rationalizations. It's 70 bucks for 1oz.!

Isaac

Quote Originally Posted by narcus
    Hi Isaac
    Consider yourself lucky that all the three of them are within reach for $70. Piper Nigrum in Europe is more than $100. This and AdP (2nd time) are on my own list. I feel the same about Musk Ravageur - special occasion stuff. My advice: go for Gingembre now! After that you will still want the others. But would you buy PN or AdP now, the craving would still be there. Less pain in your wallet but more in your heart!

Lesson to myself - release DSH G from memory immediately, think about spending more on photography!!

Your pictures are cool!

Oh, and one more thing... Luscious cargo is the only place I've ever seen that has smaller bottles of ADP and LV fragrences. Are they decanting or are these just a smaller version from the companies?

Isaac