I[ch8217]ve been saving my two favorite Mazzolaris to post about for last, not just because they[ch8217]re my favorites, but because I[ch8217]m having a lot of trouble breaking them down into their constituent notes: seamless, really well blended stuff, these last two are!

First off, Mazzolari Mazzolari (their [ch8220]signature[ch8221] fragrance) is the most forest-like fragrance I[ch8217]ve ever encountered. I don[ch8217]t find it woodsy in the traditional way at all: there[ch8217]s absolutely nothing resembling furniture or lumber or a fireplace here. At the outset I get slugged in the face with massive pine notes. Not Pine-sol in the least, because it[ch8217]s smartly blended with a bit of sweetness, cardamon and perhaps some other spices which I[ch8217]m not able to make out. Matching this pine note is an equally strong mossy note which really makes me feel as if the fragrance is coming at me straight off of the forest floor.

I'm sure there's a whole lot more going on besides the pine and moss ... the scent is too full and round for it to be that simple, but my nose is just not able to dissect what else is lurking around in there. There is, however, something dense, pungent and wet about MM that reminds me of CdG Sequoia in style (but not in its notes.)

This and Mazzolari Patchouli are the most linear of the five Mazzolaris I[ch8217]ve tried: the only sort of progression I[ch8217]m getting is that as the pine notes slowly fade away, the mossy notes slowly gain in strength. Like Lui, I feel that Mazzolari Mazzolari takes its cue from an 80ish conception of men[ch8217]s fragrance, but (again like with Lui) due to the quality and strength of the ingredients the resulting scent is something much more natural and powerful. Longevity is excellent: I put this on at 5pm and it was still going strong the next morning, having finally developed some smoky notes in addition to the mossy ones.