Code of Conduct

Thread: La Base for men

Default La Base for men

Hi Folks,

Can anyone tell me about this fragrance besides the fact it's expensive? It seems to have got good reviews on LuckyScent and looking at the contents it sounds nice. Anything it is similar to so as to give me an idea?

regards,
    Andy

Default Re: La Base for men

It's a very good fresh scent, smells a bit sour, airy and nothing like I've come across so far ....

I was never mad to buy more. The sample I own I remember was a free gift.
    decant sales:
    Crystal Flacon

Thanks for the info Dr Creed. I will see if I can get hold of a sample first then.

Andy

One of my very favorites (sampled only, unfortunately). Way expensive, but fresh, light - perfect for the summer. Beautifully made combination of notes. A wonderful everyday scent. Wish I could find it for less...

Reminds me of a more citric, greener version of Insense. I just couldn't get into it and promptly swapped it. There was something slightly harsh about it. The price tag just doesn't warrant it in my opinion.

Thanks for the info chaps. I'll probably wait for the chance to get hold of a sample of it next time i order from first-in-fragrance.

Andy

Just got this one in my latest from luckyscent....
    anymore info/opinions?

You mean you ordered a sample? I managed to get myself a sample from FIF a while back and the comments here are pretty much on the ball. Myself I thought "it smells similar to something I got the other day" and reached for my sample of Trumpers GFT. To my nose they're similar except maybe La Base is slightly greener. Just wasn't for me, especially at that price.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Healer
    You mean you ordered a sample? I managed to get myself a sample from FIF a while back and the comments here are pretty much on the ball. Myself I thought "it smells similar to something I got the other day" and reached for my sample of Trumpers GFT. To my nose they're similar except maybe La Base is slightly greener. Just wasn't for me, especially at that price.

Andy
    Uh....no, I bought the bottle :-X I know, I know alot of folks do not suggest buying blind with this one but I went on a suggestion/recommendation from Franco at LS
    If it doesn't work out I'll just ebay it for $110-120 or swap for something I want...
    It "SOUNDS" intriguing ;D
    I hope I'm not too disappointed....Whoever told me aout that place....I want to hug them and then slap 'em.
    I've blown almost a G in a month.
    My latest would be Le Boise by Ginestat and the La Base for men

I bought a bottle about 12 years ago but rarely wore it as i found it just too persistent in a cloying way. having said that I think it is a very well made fragrance. i noticed a few months ago that my bottle has gone bad.

AZTEC