Ok.... * when I am reading about a fragrance here at basenotes I notice these triangles showing the notes of the scent...

The notes are divided in top, middle and base..... * Now my question is....... *what makes a note a TOPnote......and not BASEnote.... *

After having studied some fragrances it seems to me that the powefull smells are usually basenotes.... *so does this mean that basenotes are the notes that are dominant in a scent......

I have another thought too........ *I noticed in a lot of reviews it says: "top notes wear off quickly"........Perhaps top notes are what you smell first......... and then some hours/minutes later....it's the middlenote..........and then lastely........Basenote??

Because the scent (the good ones at least) does evovle over some hours.......... And is this beacuse the notes are let off in an specific order........starting with the topnotes...then middle....then base.....

Or is the evovlement caused by the original human scent...(pheromones, body heat and stuff)???

I know I wrote quite a bunch of questions..........but I would really like to know these things.......