Code of Conduct

Default DKNY be delicious

anyone have it if so what are your thoughts on it. too girly? hows the lasting power/comedown?
    thanks

Default Re: DKNY be delicious

I must say that I really don't like this one. It smells like apple for the first couple of minutes but then turns into something I can't really describe. Something like a combination of a little bit of apple and loads of spearmint. I might be weird but it kind of physically hurt my nose when I smelled it. There's a lot of better stuff out there.

A synthetic mess. :-/

I really like the opening, but afterwards it turns into a very cloying mess. Longevity is really poor as well.

The one thing I don't understand is that they're touting it as a complex blend of all these specific foody ingredients, but it's basically all apple and just a touch of some quasiexotic fruit like mango or papaya or something. I was looking forward to coffee, tangerine, kumquat and a few others that are supposed to be included but I get none of them.

To me, it smelled like grapefruit, and nothing else. * I like grapefruit, but that alone is overpowering.
    Updated Favorites:

Spicebomb * Viktor & Rolf

CK One Shock * Calvin Klein

Fields Of Rubus * Kerosene

Midnight Pomegranate * Bath & Body Works

Post Thanks / Like

When I first tested this in the store, I couldn't help but laugh. I thought the apple theme was symbolic but soon found out that it was literal. However, it is not a natural smelling apple. It is very synthetic and reminds me of Jolly Ranchers apple candy. This seems like a scent aimed at little children as a fun scent to play around with. I definitely can't take it seriously as an adult fragrance. If I want a fun scent, then I'll buy Candies For Men instead.

thanks for the heads up. i will test it for myself this week.

I don't care for it at all except that initial apple note, then it goes bitter. I prefer Kenneth Cole Reaction if you prefer this type of scent.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Post Thanks / Like

I just experienced a full body-heave reading this thread. This stuff makes me shudder, and not in a good way. Why oh why would you discontinue DK Men and put THIS stuff out there? All that's missing from the otherwise cool bottle is a worm poking through a hole somewhere.
    The Bark Bites Back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bark
    I just experienced a full body-heave reading this thread. *This stuff makes me shudder, and not in a good way. *Why oh why would you discontinue DK Men and put THIS stuff out there? All that's missing from the otherwise cool bottle is a worm poking through a hole somewhere. *
    LOL!!! I know what you mean bro!!!

God, I think I'm going to yak just reading about it.

I generally dislike fruit/berry scents with a passion.

GnuGnuAntiloop

Me and my twisted nose - we like BD First the notes seem to clash very badly but it develops beautifully on my skin! If anyone has a bottle of this to get rid off, please contact me!

-Tero-

I was told that its supposed to have a combination of apple and coffee notes meant to somehow symbolize New York... 8-)