Code of Conduct

Default Lorenzo Villoresi Splash Bottle

I received a couple of days ago my Lorenzo Villoresi Sandalo but it is a splash bottle with a separate atomizer and additional cylindrical silver coloured cap. If you put the atomizer in, the original hexagonal cap would not fit anymore and you would then need to use the additional cap. Is this the normal spray presentation for the Villoresi line ? Or I just received another kind of refillable version ? I really love how the blue bottle looks with the original silver coloured cap, but I don't like the idea of using it as a splash. :-/
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Default Re: Lorenzo Villoresi Splash Bottle

Its normal I think. Both my LV's were like this.
    Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

I've bought seven Villoresis. Six of these bottles are exactly as you describe, Sandalwood, splash bottles with hexagonal caps that come with an atomizer that has a taller round cap. The seventh bottle, for Uomo, came with a hexagonal cap over a smaller atomizer. Same hexagonal bottle as the other six too.

I don't think there's an option about which cap you can get from the company. I put the atomizers into my splash bottles and never looked back. Sure, the hexagonal cap looks better but I found that I just got used to the look of the taller round cap.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

In my case, Musk, Incensi, Acqua di Colonia and Dilmun have the hexagonal cap over an atomizer, while Spezie, Yerbamate and Piper Negrum where delivered in the splash bottle / additional atomizer version. I like the precious kind of packaging which leaves me the choice of using the fragrance in a spray or splash bottle; but I prefer the atomizer, too.

Well its better than JHL where after you put the spray mechanism in, the spray cap no longer fits and they don't give you a cap that does fit.

Meshuganas!
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald
    In my case, Musk, Incensi, Acqua di Colonia and Dilmun have the hexagonal cap over an atomizer, while Spezie, Yerbamate and *Piper Negrum where delivered in the splash bottle / additional atomizer version. I like the precious kind of packaging which leaves me the choice of using the fragrance in a spray or splash bottle; but I prefer the atomizer, too.
    I have two, incensi and piper nigrum, and both have the hexagonal cap with atomizer.
    I prefer the atomizer too.

The 50 ml bottles have the atomizer (hexagonal caps) only and the 100 ml's come in a splash bottle with a separate atomizer.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus
    I have two, incensi and piper nigrum, and both have the hexagonal cap with atomizer.
    I prefer the atomizer too.
    Its a little off topic, but fits in neatly here: Could you characterize incensi a little, Jesus? I am just back from testing Spezie, which seems rather close to PN and is nice! Not knowing about Incensi, I asked to try Avignon (CdG) and immediately loved that one also. No overdose to me 8-). It only misses a bit of the candles burning, I think. Now I am wondering how Icensi might be in comparison.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

I can comment on Incensi. I'm a big fan of the CDG Incense line, and if you like Avignon in particular be aware that the LV is a pretty far cry from it. I don't find it to be a incense fragrance if you define the term literally. Instead, it came off on me with a gourmand apple pie note that turned into a soapy drydown, with perhaps a veneer of hair tonic (a base it shares with Patchouli) that flattens out the scent.

While it started out nicely, the finish of it seemed unmolded and lumpy. Too bad, because I responded to the opening and expected more.

Still think the CDG line is tops here.

The four 100 ml frags of mine by LV are as follows:

- Dilmun and Piper Nigrum: fixed atomizers with hexa-caps in mat, clear glace and off-white boxes with very light pearl-effect and silky touch.

- Uomo and Vetiver: in splash dark blue glass with hexa-caps and optional atomizers in a navy-blue box.

The atomizers with their long neck won't allow you to put the cover flap back on in place.

Anyways, I've had these four frags for over a year now, and they all are still 99% full!

Uomo is not unique at all. I have more than ten different frags that smell like it, like Monika Klink's Art of Venice and Lerbolario's Periplo (much cheaper in price).

I love the Vetiver one, *though.

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Vavoom

- Dilmun and Piper Nigrum: fixed atomizers with hexa-caps in mat, clear glace and off-white boxes with very light pearl-effect and silky touch.

Lucky you! My Piper Nigrum and Sandalo,both 100 ml,came as splash bottles with the optional atomizer. My 50 ml Patchouli came with the fixed atomizer.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

curious: some one said that yerbamate can smell like a kids diaper and i can see that. what do you equate dilmun to? my wife says a sweet/candied barber shop.

my piper and yerbamate and dilmun all came in 100 ml with the optional atomizer, which i too prefer

sam

I forgot to mention that all my LV bottles are 100mls. So my Uomo with the hexagonal cap over the small atomizer--thus not a splash bottle--is a 100ml bottle.

I bet the change is just some improvement LV is making. Perhaps there are LV dealers who insist on the standard atomizer bottle only.

If someone writes an email to LV and asks I'm sure the woman who runs the office would answer. Several members here have stories about how gracious this woman is.
    --Chris

Thank you everybody for your replies. It looks then that it is a matter of luck whether you get a separate or a fixed atomizer with your bottle. That's weird. Eventhogh the juice will not change because of this, I think it is a shame to have to break the sleek original design with such a huge atomizer at the end when that long coveted frag finally hits one's wardrobe.

DustB: I just e-mailed them. Thank you.
    « L'odeur de rose, faible, grâce au vent léger d'été qui passe, se mêle aux parfums qu'elle a mis.»
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Fresno
    .....Still think the CDG line is tops here.
    This seems to sum up what I have concluded from previous posts on Avignon. Thank you Fresno - my search is over.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Here is the kind answer from LV's Office:

"... You are quite right. The second version, with the fixed atomizer, is the new one, which we made in order to allow the use of the beautiful cap together with the atomizer (this new atomizer should also work better).

On the other hand, the version you have has the advantage - lost in the new one - that it may be refilled!

Anyway, the new version is available or can be ordered in any of the shops carrying our collections.

Thank you again for your enquiry and do not hesitate to contact us for any assistance or additional information !

With best regards,

Ludovica V.Passi "

This might solve the puzzle.
    [ Paul Verlaine ]
    Wardrobe

Great job, Sandalwood. Thanks for posting the message! I'm also glad they're so helpful at LV. I don't think any other fragrance house would be.

Thanks,
    --Chris