Code of Conduct

Default URGENT: Byblos Patchouly & Sandalo ???

Has anyone here sampled Byblos Patchouly or Byblos Sandalo? There's 1 brand new bottle of each at my local TJ Maxx ($15 each). Are they good?

Help!
    Top 3: London Gentleman, Blackbeard's Delight, and Sex Panther. (It works 60% of the time, every time.)

Default Re: URGENT: Byblos Patchouly & Sandalo ???

I realise this is a month after your original post, so this may not be of any help to you anymore...but...

I just picked up a bottle of the Byblos Patchouly from Marshall's for $9. I love the way Patchouli oil smells so i thought for 9 bucks...why not...

Well, this stuff is more like a night out at a goth club. scent mixes well with cigarette smoke... or better yet with one of those infernal clove cigarettes(yuck, too many of those things in my earlier 20s).

I'm not wonderful at picking out notes, but if i guessed i would say it smells like a mixture of patchouli, sandalwood, ginger, and clove. The initial spray is cloying, ONE spray is all it takes. dry-down is more like incense, the packaged kind, like you just walked into a head shop.

All in all it's not bad(once you get past the initial 5 minutes), but if you like patchouli, i suggest finding a good quality oil instead of this stuff.

Clay

Default Re: URGENT: Byblos Patchouly & Sandalo ???

Quote Originally Posted by Ytsejam
    I realise this is a month after your original post, so this may not be of any help to you anymore...but...

I just picked up a bottle of the Byblos Patchouly from Marshall's for $9. I love the way Patchouli oil smells so i thought for 9 bucks...why not...

Well, this stuff is more like a night out at a goth club. scent mixes well with cigarette smoke... or better yet with one of those infernal clove cigarettes(yuck, too many of those things in my earlier 20s).

I'm not wonderful at picking out notes, but if i guessed i would say it smells like a mixture of patchouli, sandalwood, ginger, and clove. The initial spray is cloying, ONE spray is all it takes. dry-down is more like incense, the packaged kind, like you just walked into a head shop.

All in all it's not bad(once you get past the initial 5 minutes), but if you like patchouli, i suggest finding a good quality oil instead of this stuff.

Clay
    I can't agree.
    I've got good quality Patchouli oil, and I would never wear it in preference to the Byblos Patchouli. Byblyos Patchouli seems like a not too complex scent to me, but there is something very lively about it.
    Renato