Code of Conduct

Default My scores at Marshall's tonight

I stopped at Marshall's on the way home from work tonight. (Inspired by the postings earlier this week.) A bit out of the way, but worth the trip-
    One bottle of Live Jazz (Got'cha. You're coming home with me.) for $19.99.
    MMMmmmmm Opium EDC for $14.99. I have the EDP, but what the heck,I love the scent. Come to papa... MMMMmmmm.

Also on hand: Bulgari pour homme ($24.99), many bottle of D&G pour Homme, a bottleof D&G Sicily (I almost bought this scent one time. I really liked it but then found out it's a women's cologne. I still like it, but maybe as a gift for someone...), many bottle of Davidoff (Echo, Cool Water), Azzaro Pure Vetiver, a lot of Curve, Some Clairborne Bora-Bora, and many more I can't remember.

I'm thinking about going back for the Bulgari.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: My scores at Marshall's tonight

All that matters is the Live Jazz 8-) mmmmmmmm.... huh.. erm.. cough. oops, sorry... I get a bit carried away, even when I *think* about Live Jazz. It will always remain in my top five. (at least I think so).

Quote Originally Posted by rapscallion
    I stopped at Marshall's on the way home from work tonight. ... [O]n hand: Bulgari pour homme ($24.99), many bottle of D&G pour Homme ... I'm thinking about going back for the Bulgari.
    I love Marshall's. I've found some terrific things there. Givenchy Pi, Bulgari pour Homme and BLV, Bijan, Dolce & Gabbana, Burberry, Gucci Envy, to name a few. The trouble with Marshall's is that they have no samples set out, and if I see something that looks tempting, I have to sneakily open the box to check it out. Which is fine if I like it, but if I don't I have to put the product back on the shelf, which isn't very nice of me (though I rationalize by telling myself that I'm doing my part in helping Marshall's supply a sample ...). I strongly recommend you go back for the Bulgari pour Homme. Are you familiar with it? It's one of my favorites, but it's very, very subtle. It seems to fade away within minutes (though I suspect it hasn't really faded away, it's just my nose that's become accustomed within minutes). I also recommend the Dolce & Gabanna. A very festive-yet-classy scent, a scent with a lot of integrity.

Hi Lyman:
    Many of the scents you listed were there.
    No, I'm not familiar with the Bulgari. It has been mentioned in so many posts that I'm eager to try it. (There's been talk of an extreme version coming out?)
    I have the D&G pour homme and I agree with your comments.

It seems as if every Marshall,s carries something different. Last week I bought Amor Amor for my daughter at a different location which had almost no colognes for men.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are damn lucky.

The Marshall's and TJ Maxx's in my area seem to carry colognes that time forgot. Though I do recall seeing Sung Homme for $20, but I never tried it and was not willing to take a risk.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rapscallion
    No, I'm not familiar with the Bulgari. It has been mentioned in so many posts that I'm eager to try it. (There's been talk of an extreme version coming out?)
    Bvlgari Extreme has been out for quite some time now. However, many Basenoters including myself prefer the original. One word of warning though: it stays very close to the skin and does not last long for many people.

I found the regular Jazz at my Marshall's along with Iceberg Enfussion and Opium for men.

Quote Originally Posted by chris21
    You guys are damn lucky.

The Marshall's and TJ Maxx's in my area seem to carry colognes that time forgot. Though I do recall seeing Sung Homme for $20, but I never tried it and was not willing to take a risk.
    Hi Chris,
    Read through this thread and go back to your Marshall's and TJ Maxx and sample away!
    http://www.basenotes.net/community/Y...m=1077883577/0

marshalls is great ,scored alot of fragrances I like from there
    companies really put alot into trying to develop and market a
    scent,they all want to capture the popularity of ADG,or polo of
    the 80's etc... envy,they even name scents after it.
    some are just being discontinued soon,stock not selling,etc...
    my marshalls:
    drakkar
    heritage
    jako
    sung paradise(eau de fruit loops)
    safari
    pure vetiver(yuk)
    escada
    jazz