Code of Conduct

Thread: ambre sultan

Default ambre sultan

A light spritz of Ambre Sultan from my recently arrived samples.

Oh my gawd, I'm walking through a an open-air Oriental spice market. The warm, dry desert breeze is blowing through my hair...
    No, I'm in a dimly lit Orthodox cathedral surrounded by icons and the comforting smells of burning incense...

Am I really still living in New England?

Save me.

Default Re: ambre sultan

Why be saved? Succumb.

I too am just in the process of exploring Ambre Sultan from a little sample. So far, very nice. I particularly enjoy the resiny quality. Doubtless this is the amber, but I simply have not tried enough other amber scents to be sure that what I perceive as resin is what most folks recognize as an amber note.

I fear, however, I am not quite brave enough to take Darkbloom's advice by succumbing - at least not to the temptation to invest in a whole bottle. Not at Luten's prices. Instead, I'm planning to include a decant of this juice in the next box of goodies I order from a fellow Bnoter, along with some more amber scents to see whether AS really is the one I like best. Sure is amazing stuff, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof_S
    Doubtless this is the amber, but I simply have not tried enough other amber scents to be sure that what I perceive as resin is what most folks recognize as an amber note.
    It probably is. The amber is most dominant in Ambre Sultan.
    I fear, however, I am not quite brave enough to take Darkbloom's advice by succumbing - at least not to the temptation to invest in a whole bottle. *Not at Luten's prices.
    Let me direct you to a cheaper alternative then. Try Valentino's Vendetta. Similar juice, half the price (at least).

Milamber:

Many thanks for the tip! PerfumeBay even has samples available for the testing, although they seem to be out of full sized bottles. In fact, the BNotes directory says the stuff is discontinued (If I'm reading the thing right), 'though plenty of on-line retailers are still offering it. I'd better try it fast, so I can get a bottle before it vanishes, if it turns out to be something I'd really like.

Thanks again.

Milamber-
    Always a wealth of insight and information.
    And just when I was thinking that I absolutely HAVE TO OWN a bottle of Ambre Sultan. Now the search is on for a sample of Valentino's Vendetta.
    Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Prof_S
    Milamber:

Many thanks for the tip! *PerfumeBay even has samples available for the testing, although they seem to be out of full sized bottles. *In fact, the BNotes directory says the stuff is discontinued (If I'm reading the thing right), 'though plenty of on-line retailers are still offering it. *I'd better try it fast, so I can get a bottle before it vanishes, if it turns out to be something I'd really like.

Thanks again.
    No prob Raps and Prof. It's good that you can sample first before you buy. Yes, this scent is discontinued but many internet places still carry it. Not very well known, but ideal if you're looking for a smokey amber scent. Do tell me what you think of it when you get to sample the juice. My own bottle is running pretty low these days, need to get another one soon. *

I found the ingredients listed for Vendetta:

Verbena, Neroli, Lavender, Clove, Bay Rum, Geranium, Jasmine, Patchouli, Oakmoss, Musk, Labdanum.

Sounds very nice.

Kelley