Code of Conduct
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: SAME NAME GAME Question # 11

Clue: Real father, by the way. Has never been "daddy" though. And if he were still alive, his real birthday would be next week.

Paloma Picasso Minotaure?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Concord
    Paloma Picasso Minotaure?
    I understand the answer now. This is one side of history (Picasso/Minotaurs in his art) that I didn't learn. Pablo Picasso having a daughter was something that slipped my mind; however, researching Paloma and reading the brief exerpt of the basenotes intro to the scent have been extremly insightful. So... this was an excellent question Timberwolf, and I have to say it's the best one yet out of many other good ones .

I went totally off course by extrapolating the drinking part to keywords ie. (l'eau and aqua). At one point I was thinking that it might be related to Christmas (this aspect led to dead ends)<=>God/Jesus. So I thought Aqua di Gio (Water of ?God?) even though knowing that God is dio/dieu in Italian/French respectively, I was hoping that Gio meant just that in some other language.

So I thought Aqua di Gio (Water of ?God?)
    My dear scentophile, Aqua di Gio means simply Water of Gio, being Gio the short name for Giorgio (Armani).

About the question I was thinking of a Father that has not been "daddy" (which is the name used by little children), so a "Father" without sons, a father in a broad sense... Like the father of the nation or something else...
    After finding nothing, then I focused on famous people born in October 23-30... and I found Pablo Picasso, but by that time Concord scorched past me!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnifiscent
    So I thought Aqua di Gio (Water of ?God?)
    My dear scentophile, Aqua di Gio means simply Water of Gio, being Gio the short name for Giorgio (Armani).

About the question I was thinking of a Father that has not been "daddy" (which is the name used by little children), so a "Father" without sons, a father in a broad sense... Like the father of the nation or something else...
    After finding nothing, then I focused on famous people born in October 23-30... and I found Pablo Picasso, but by that time Concord scorched past me!
    I know, I know ! I was really fishing and just guessing.

Sorry guys, just dragged this body from work.

As for the last question, thank you for your interest and kind words. Also check this:
    http://www.anvari.org/fortune/Quotations_U1/229.html

It is all over now. Hopefully, we all learned something (I did!) from this game.

I suppose, the winners are Magnifiscent and Scentophile. Please, both Ermano and Alex, send me a pm with your addresses. Scentophile was also trying in the similar game on the ladies' board, so it was a kind of easier for him in terms of my thinking and style. Or, was it? ;D

If somebody disagrees with anything, I will look into every suggestion, comment and response. I am easy these days! :P

Thanks again. You guys are all fabulous enablers, even those who think they are not smart enough to participate (and then answer the question without hardly any hints or clues!!! ). Please stay in good spirits.

Edit: I messed up with the fonts, sorry.

Default Re: SAME NAME GAME is over...

A very interesting quiz Timberwolf. Even though I never came close to guessing any, it was educational!