Code of Conduct

Default Opinions on One Man Show?

Hello Basenoters. What can you tell me about One Man Show? The notes in the pyramid look pretty common but all the reviews are predominantly negative. Thanks in advance.

Sillage + Mixed reactions = Intriguing

Default Re: Opinions on One Man Show?

It is a straightforward patchouli scent which is quite strong, has amazing sillage, and lasts whole day and probably more. The negative part is that it gets very cloying on me easily. So I use it with extreme discretion and moderation.
    "Whereof one cannot speak, one must remain silent thereof." --Wittgenstein

Lots o' sillage here! I like it. Old school 80's powerhouse but you probably already read that. I think it's a love it or hate it kinda scent. It's got a sparkle to it. I can't really put my finger on what it is but another one that has that sparkle is Krizia Uomo, which is a bit more refined than OMS. I recommend this one but you'll likely have to make a blind purchase because unless you find a Perfumania that has a tester, it's hard to find anymore other than the e-tailers but thankfully, it's priced very attractively now.

Very powerful. One of the sillage kings indeed. I like it but last time I wore it some actually told me I stunk :-[

This one is just a party in a bottle. And a party with a cheap admission price too--ten bucks (USD, gents) for 100mls! If that doesn't predispose you to thinking the stuff smells good I don't know what will.

Really, all fun joking aside, I think this is a fun scent to wear, and one that has supurb longevity for such a light and sparkling scent. Evogel is right about the sparkling something in it.

So I sure give it a positive review.
    --Chris
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

I'm a fan.

Thanks guys. Is it similar to any designer frags? What scent category does it fall under? Citrus? Aquatic? I'm going to have to order this one blind once I get around to it. It's not too adventurous because it's ridiculously cheap. It reminds me of when I ordered Quasar blind for $8 and didn't regret it at all. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by teflondog
    Thanks guys. Is it similar to any designer frags? What scent category does it fall under? Citrus? Aquatic? I'm going to have to order this one blind once I get around to it. It's not too adventurous because it's ridiculously cheap. It reminds me of when I ordered Quasar blind for $8 and didn't regret it at all. Thanks again. *
    I would say OMS is Chypre Leather scent. In the same family as Fendi Uomo.

Thanks scentimus. I guess I could add a leather scent to my small collection.

When I first joined Basenotes, OMS was one of my first blind purchases based on all of the positive things I read about it here. Lately, though, there seems to have been a backlash against it.

Personally I love it, but this is one that can instantly turn you in to "The Cologne Guy" if overapplied.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    Personally I love it, but this is one that can instantly turn you in to "The Cologne Guy" if overapplied.
    It's ok. Among my peers, I already am. *

Thanks.

I'm a fan, well when it came out, haven't worn it since, but I think it's fairly unique smelling fougere that's clean and uncomplicated.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Another fan here!
    I love its spicy sweetness!!! 8-)

Well I like this one....it last really long as most have said and it smells good on me..and the really good thing is that I have picked this up in the frag district in New York City for $8.00.

Peace and Safety,

Otto
    Giving Life My All And Improving Every Day

I bought it cheap and blind too. I can't say I'm enamored of this powerhouse scent, but I certainly feel armoured by it - a good scent to wear to an "I'm not taking any nonsense" meeting.
    Renato