Code of Conduct

Thread: Decadence?

Radames6571

Default Decadence?

Saw this at Marshall's for $14.99, but have never heard of it. Has anyone else? Thoughts?

Default Re: Decadence?

This was released in the department stores about two years ago and did not sell very well. It is largely a synthetic mixture like a weaker Ocean Pacific. Not bad but nothing to write home about.

There were some open bottles of it at TJ Maxx a couple of weeks ago. Naturally, I tried it.

I found it to be an invisible scent at first, turning only slightly soapy after a few minutes, and only when smelling up close. Way too subtle for my tastes, and I have no comment on the duration. If there was any siliage on this I couldn't tell.

Usually I'm pretty ambivalent or guarded in making recommendations. Not this time: don't waste your money on this.
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Decadence was originally a women's scent launched in the mid 80's by Parlux fragrances. The name was bought over by Von Berg Cosmetics not located in Nappa Valley. A new company.

The only bought the name and created a totally new scent for women and also launched a men's counter part. The scent believe it or not was sold in Nordstrom. The bottle for the men is as tacky and cheep as hell.
    The bottle wears a neckless of bling..bling!

The scent to me is very cloying and very long lasting. A year back a received a sample and for the heck of it wore and I thought it disappeared in about 20 mins. All day people kept asking me what terrible storng aftershave I was wearing. :-[

I personally don't like it. I have a bottle if anyone wants it for a swap. Brand new!