Code of Conduct

Default how you rate salvadore dali fragrances??

i recently found a place that had salvadore dali fragrances each only one piece. you know it is very hard to find salvadore dali fragrances here. i bought laguna and roy de soleil blindly just due to comments from basenoters . do other salvador dali fragrances deserve buying blindly , they hava salvadore , and also salvadore dali left and i don't think i can find them any more

Default Re: how you rate salvadore dali fragrances??

I own Salvador Dali pour Homme and Dalimix and I really enjoy both of them, however many people don't. You don't hear much about Dalimix here, (it is a fresh, fruity, unisex scent with notes of melon and a musky undercurrent, slightly sweet but not overbearingly so) probably because, while it is nice, it doesn't reach out and grab you at first sniff in a way that makes you either love it or hate it, but I do recommend giving it a try and seeing what you think of it after a few hours.

Salvador Dali pour Homme is one of those fragrances you either really love or really hate, it is strong, heavy, and quite odd. If it is being sold inexpensively enough I would say buy it, the bottle alone is worth the price it normally goes for in my opinion, but be prepared, you make find a new favorite or you may despise the stuff, either way give it time to fully develop, it is a very unique experience

Quote Originally Posted by kilted
    Salvador Dali pour Homme
    hate it

interesting bottle though

Salvador Dali PH is a weird but fascinating scent. It reminds me of the burning mesquite smell of a barbecue pit. However I would never use it to try and pick up girls because I don't picture them liking it. I wear it when I'm at home or when I'm hanging out with the guys. Poker night is when I usually wear scents that I don't use much. In terms of quality, Salvador Dali makes really nice scents that I would buy even if they were double the price.

Salvador Dali in the weird bottle smells weird, and a bit old to me - but in an interesting sort of way. I have been tempted a few times when it's been on sale, but I passed.
    Renato

IMO LAGUNA is a must have ( think aqua metallic) no aqauqtic scent I've sampled has this characteristic and SD Pour Homme is similar to Zino on first sniff except for the dominant rubber note in the Dali.

The drydowns of these too share similarities also, with the Zino being a good bit more complex and refined.

These are the only 2 SD fragrances I own.