Code of Conduct

Default Christmas card Scent

It may be a bit too early, but dose anyone add scents to your Christmas/Seasons Greeting cards? I do. I understand that the drydown on paper smells interestingly different from the one on our skin (and this is why we need to test drive colognes on our skin before buying it after smellng from sprayed paper. Right?) Three magicians here are oakmoss, patchouli and sandalwood, IMO. They last quite long and actually change in time on paper. When I was at college (in Tokyo), I used to spray Mitsouko on all the greeting cards (for my friends in US) before I put them into an envelope. Mitsouko is a tough one to wear obvisouly (even for a woman), but it's one of the best card fragrances. By the time they open my cards, Mithouko has altered into something very very Japanese. I honestly don't know what it is. It may be the combination of oakmoss and ambergris.... It's a mystery. It truly smells like Japanese incense with all the elegant oriental woody notes. If you're looking for a beautiful Asian scent for your Christmas card this year, I recommend you give Mitsouko a try. You won't regret.... ;D

Default Re: Christmas card Scent

No, but it is a brilliant idea.

Some frags which remind me of Christmas:
    Bowling Green
    Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur
    L'Eau (Dipstick)
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

santal noble stays really long on paper and sort of has a christmasy feel

Good idea..I think a drop of Chergui would be great for this.
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

YSL Nu smells just like christmas Never tried how it lasts on paper though

Post Thanks / Like

Serge Lutens Arabie reminds me most of Christmas. It smells of fruitcake & spice.
    Current faves: CdG White, Amouage Dia, Millesime Imperial, Miller Harris Terre de Bois

Echoes

Obsession is Christmas for me...

SMN Potpourri.

The perfect Christmas card scent would be JHL....Christmas in a bottle!!!!!
    Gary

Yvan

I might try spraying Burberry Touch on the mistletoe!

Post Thanks / Like

L'Anarchiste - orange and clove - smells like a xmas pomander!

Post Thanks / Like

Pierre Cardin Man[ch8217]s Musk Cologne has a Christmas smell. The conifer style of Christmas smell.

Post Thanks / Like

Balenciaga homme is amazingly Christmas-like in its smell. Tree, christmas cake, and presents all in one!
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Essencia(sp?) de Zegna is a very good Christmas scent...I think

Post Thanks / Like

I second Bowling Green and L'Anarchiste--perfect Christmas fragrances.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrant_Violet
    It may be a bit too early, but dose anyone add scents to your Christmas/Seasons Greeting cards? I do. ... Mitsouko is a tough one to wear obvisouly (even for a woman) ???? , but it's one of the best card fragrances. ????;D
    Thanks for your splendid idea V_V! Fortunately I bought no cards yet! I save all that money and postage and buy myself Mitsouko instead. Everybody and his brother will want to kiss me in December, and the rest of my Guerlain Christmas will last me into a good part of 2006!
    'Il mondo dei profumi č un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Give it a try! You won't regret! When I was at college, I fell in love with Mitsouko at a local fragrance store. Though I knew it was made for women, nothing stopped me from purchasing a flat-shaped (50ml?) EDT bottle. The problem which came up later on was that his was truly one the most dificult fragrances to wear. I tried and treid... People around me asked me why I smelled like senko "Japanese incense". We primarily wear colognes for ourselves, but in my case, probably some positive feedbacks from surrondings were the fuels for my passion for fragrance. I loved its heavenly drydown, but I eventually stopped using Mitsouko (instead, started to use something like fruity-leathery-oriental Antaeus...). The winter comes and it was time to send some seasons greeting cards to my friends overseas. I bought some really Japanese-looking cards and filled them out. Before I closed the envelopes, the lonely-looking Mitsouko bottle on the cabinet caught my eyes, as if it wear asking me "Please wear me!". Next thing I knew. I started to spray Mitsouko on the Christmas cards! I really didn't know what I was doing..... About several weeks passed. I started to receive email or phone calls from my friends overseas (one after another), asking me about the "scented cards". One of them was Ellen, who had been into fragrance a lot and had tons of perfume collections. But even she could not recognize the smell and kept asking me "Is it some kind of new fragrance made in Japan? It smells like a beautiful woman in kimono!". I was truly happy to reveal them my "trick". But I was kind of surprised, too.....

VV