Code of Conduct

Default Cristobal vs Rochas Man vs Le Male vs Signature

Hi guys, I am at it again...trying to make a decision as I will have to fly blind on these except Le Male. I am a vanilla oriental nut so perhaps that will help. Also, in my area, none of these fragrances or worn very much at all...in fact I don't think I've detected Le Male on anyone so far. (I couldn't say about the other three as I have never tried them, but I highly doubt it)

Default Re: Cristobal vs Rochas Man vs Le Male vs Signatur

Try Azzaro Pure Lavender as well. Tangy vanilla, can be had cheaply at TJ Maxx/Marshall's.

Chuck

If you're a vanilla oriental nut, then you should also consider Givenchy Pi, Hanae Mori, A*men, Chanel Egoiste, and Chanel Allure.

i can only comment on the signature,which i think smells great!but it does not smell good on me.on the other hand,my son wears it a lot and it smells good on him.i personally dont smell much vanilla,more like coffee and incense-a real warm scent.

Cristobal I had to give away. I couldn't stand that acrid coffee note that turned me off so. I had high hopes for this one since I used to be a huge fan of Ho Hang when living in Spain back in the '70s. Cristobal turned me off royally.

Rochas Man has an opening burst like no other but then turns very sweet, almost like cotton candy. I wore it then; today no more.

Le Male: Let's not go there.

Signature: Ghastly, unbalanced, smells like a rehash of everything made by Kenneth Cole. Not worth the money with some of the other beauties out there.

All in all, none are my cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by mariodefior

Signature: Ghastly, unbalanced, smells like a rehash of everything made by Kenneth Cole. Not worth the money with some of the other beauties out there.

You're thinking of Kenneth Cole Signature? I think he was talking about Signature by ST Dupont. I agree Kenneth Cole Signature is really awful. It reminds me of Vera Wang men, which I also hate.

I have ST Dupont though. Oddly enough now that I think of it- i got it super cheap and have never worn it ONCE!!! But i don't dislike it. It smells kind of similar to Gucci Envy for Men. A bit more cinnamon, and it reminds me of Life cereal. Also has kind of a pleasant damp mildewy kind of note like you find in old books. Lots of vanilla and some wood. Not bad, can be found cheap. Though I suppose if i'm gonna say nice things about it, I should at least wear it some time!

I still have a big bottle of the Signature Eau de Parfume that I believe I maybe wore once in my life. :-?

Signature was not me either. I couldn't wait to trade it. I didn't think it was an ill made or cheap scent; the smell just didn't appeal to me.

Cristobal and Rochas, on the other hand, are different stories...

And LeMale ties Givenchy Xeryus Rouge as my #1 most hated scent ever...

I could help if i knew what you already have. :-/

Hey everyone, thanks for all the votes and responses so far. To be honest, Le Male never really was one that I was strongly considering I just kinda threw it in there because it seems to be very popular and I wanted to get some responses on it.
    teflondog: Well, I have two those that you recommended (Pi and HM). A*Men I have always been sort of afraid of as it is so polarizing in its reviews, but the two Chanels I will have to look into as well.
    milamber: You have helped me a few times before, I hate to keep wasting your time! But, as far as these sort of scents go I have: Pi, HM, Body Kouros, Casran, Dunhill 2003, Black Code. I like all of those, but I REALLY like Pi, HM, Dunhill 2003, and Black Code.

i think joop is better than cristable.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasconundrum
    milamber: You have helped me a few times before, I hate to keep wasting your time!
    Hey, no problem dude! I step into basenotes everytime i've got time to waste! ;D

But, as far as these sort of scents go I have: Pi, HM, Body Kouros, Casran, Dunhill 2003, Black Code. I like all of those, but I REALLY like Pi, HM, Dunhill 2003, and Black Code.
    Aha! See how much simpler it becomes to help. Get Rochas Man. Get it NOW! ;D

Haha..thanks Rochas Man will be on deck for the next purchase. Any other suggestions either from the list or just from this catagory of fragrance?

I REALLY LOVE S.T. DUPONT SIGNATURE!!
    The combination of Incense, cinnamon and vanilla is superb!

Get the Cristobal if you like Coffee and spices. If you just want the spices and a little woods, go for Gucci Envy. I actually think you have the bases covered though, with Rochas Man and Cristobal, adding breadth to your current collection. If you really want to stretch it some more, try Dior's Bois d'Argent, Must PH by Cartier Perry M and Jaipur by Bocheron.

I have to go with Le Male.
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    Get the Cristobal if you like Coffee and spices. If you just want the spices and a little woods, go for Gucci Envy. I actually think you have the bases covered though, with Rochas Man and Cristobal, adding breadth to your current collection. If you really want to stretch it some more, try Dior's Bois d'Argent, Must PH by Cartier Perry M and Jaipur by Bocheron. *
    Ahhhh....I knew that I was leaving one out. I have Jaipur already as well. Must PH has someone alluded me, but after looking it up I think that I will be getting it after I get the Rochas Man. After that I will likely get the Cristobal...but having seen so many comparisions to Joop it frightens me a little I must say.

Quote Originally Posted by dallasconundrum
    [quote author=milamber link=1129287219/0#14 date=1129731848]Ahhhh....I knew that I was leaving one out. I have Jaipur already as well. Must PH has someone alluded me, but after looking it up I think that I will be getting it after I get the Rochas Man. After that I will likely get the Cristobal...but having seen so many comparisions to Joop it frightens me a little I must say.
    Joop is highly synthetic to me, Cristobal has the coffee note and that makes a world of difference IMO.

Cristobal is lovely blend of coffee and spices on a warm base of benzoin and vanilla, but it's NOT like Joop!, Cristobal is my absolute favourite of the mentioned fragrances for it's never too sweet, and not synthetic smelling at all to my nose. Very classy and refined.