Code of Conduct
    Sanzio

Default Zibetto from www.profumo.it

Hi! Many of you know about my favorite note: sensual and animalistic Civet. *I have just ordered a 1.7 oz. bottle of natural civet tincture (?) from www.profumo.it Has anyone tried it yet? *:

Default Re: Zibetto from www.profumo.it

Wow, sounds adventuresome! You can read some unpleasant things about civet.
    Years ago my brother wore something called "Civet Oil" by Houbigant. It smelled really good and I was always ticked that he found it first. :'(
    They don't make it anymore but I sometimes catch a similar note in a fragrance and just assume it is "civet". It is a warm and sweet aroma and surprisingly subtle.
    Good luck with your find, it just might be a treasure.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Sanzio

Well, as soon as I get the civet tincture I will let you know what I think about it and if it is worth enough to get this one! By the way, in which fragrances do you smell civet notes?

Yes, I bought some stuff from this site.
    It was castoreum tincture and amber tincture - with a gift from site (it was a vial of civet - Zibetto)
    Surprisingly (or not&amp all the stuff was fleeting and very much diluted.
    So far the best lifetime has castoreum - and I like it!!!
    It reminds me a smell of live leather bag and it has very harismatic manly smell.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanzio
    Well, as soon as I get the civet tincture I will let you know what I think about it and if it is worth enough to get this one! By the way, in which fragrances do you smell civet notes?
    For civet notes try:
    Guerlain's Jicky
    Gendarme V
    Givenchy's Ysatis
    Dana's Monsieur Musk

There was also a very recent thread here mentioning Dana's Tabu. Patchouli and Civet.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Sanzio

I own TABU but I cannot smell civet in it at all. I smell orange in the top notes, an intense bouquet of rose, ylang-ylang and jasmine in the middle notes. The base notes are Patchouli and Benzoin... But I think that perfumers use civet in several dillutions achieving different effects. I do consider TABU very sweaty and vinegary, maybe is this civet?... Well, in Jicky I can smell civet (I think so) which begins like a sort of milky saliva or baby vomit mixed to lavender and rosemary and finishes as a very sensual floral-musky smell plus a touch of vanilla. In Roma by Laura Biagiotti, Ungaro II and Shalimar I notice the same octave. In Ysatis I can smell only patchouli and amber :-? Well, I read that civet in dillution at 0.1% gives a soft floral note reminescent of lilly-of-the-valley/Muguet without the freshness of course. Thus it becomes a wonderfull base/fixative for floral bouquets.

Funny isn't it? I find it fascinating how the sense of smell differs from person to person. I wish I could offer an opinion of Tabu but I haven't smelled it since I was a little kid and my sister got it as a present from a cheap aunt.
    Keep trying is my motto. There may be a day when you inhale and suddenly what was once baby vomit or vinegar might turn into the most inticing aroma you can imagine. The same thing with the notes you could never detect before.
    I just recently was able to find the vetiver in Gendarme V and was very pleased indeed!
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

here is a U.S. company that carries the Profumo products:
    http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/

here is a discussion on Luca Turin's blog:
    http://lucaturin.typepad.com/perfume...profumoit.html
    All these moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanzio View Post
    Hi! Many of you know about my favorite note: sensual and animalistic Civet. *I have just ordered a 1.7 oz. bottle of natural civet tincture (?) from www.profumo.it Has anyone tried it yet? *:
    I own it, utterly fecal, pure and animalic, just to be cleverly combined with further elements, I appreciate it on me but the aroused effect around is just real abashment.