Code of Conduct

Default Does the Type of Soap Used Affect Fragrance?

I recently tried an antibacterial soap that contains a light perfume. I normally use unscented Kirk's Castile Soap. My observation is that my fragrances do not last nearly as long since I've been using this antibacterial soap. Is the type of body soap used capable of disabling fragrances? What is your experience/opinion?

Default Re: Does the Type of Soap Used Affect Fragrance?

All I know is if you use a lotion with a hydroxy acid, it can either make it short lived or change the way it smells, as I've learned. Not sure if a soap would do the same.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

I always found that using soap (or deodorant) with a scent interfered with the fragrance I wore. So I buy the soap or shower gel and deodorant if available to go with the fragrance. If not avaiilable, I always use Ivory soap.

Soap that dries your skin tends to ruin the longevity of fragrances. However, I never liked moisturizing soaps because when I use them I still don't feel clean when I get out of the shower. I'll stick to my Lever 2000 soap, which by the way dries your skin like no other. I compensate for this by using a non-scented moisturizer before applying my scent. * 8-)

Yes they do, i mentioned this awhile back in a thread. The antibacterial soaps are designed to keep working even after you have showered. Hence when you spray your scent, the soap will neutralise the "odour".

Some antibacterial soaps and even some soaps that aren't antibacterial have a type of time released action that sort of "envelops" all odors/fragrances. I have found that Dial Natural---which is even more pure than Ivory---does an excellent job and doesn't interfere with my scents at all.

I've had pretty good luck with Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps. The Peppermint stuff is powerful (but the peppermint does not last on you more than the time in the shower), and it makes your naughty bits very tingly the first few times you use it. It takes forever to go through that giant bottle.

I'm now on a bottle of Dr. Bronner's Aloe Vera, which is more fragrance neutral.
    K

[FONT=Book Antiqua]MisterK / Vicomte de K / K[/FONT]
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Vicomte de K
    I've had pretty good luck with Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps. The Peppermint stuff is powerful (but the peppermint does not last on you more than the time in the shower), and it makes your naughty bits very tingly the first few times you use it. *
    ;DLOL!!! Now i know what to use to make my naughty bits tingle! Thanks! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by milamber
    [quote author=Vicomte de K link=1129502534/0#6 date=1129515783]I've had pretty good luck with Dr. Bronner's liquid soaps. The Peppermint stuff is powerful (but the peppermint does not last on you more than the time in the shower), and it makes your naughty bits very tingly the first few times you use it. *
    ;DLOL!!! Now i know what to use to make my naughty bits tingle! Thanks! ;D[/quote]
    Seriously. It feels a-fucking-mazing.

The cooling peppermint ball wash. Heh.

It is best not to ever wash, and simply pile on several hundred oz. of cologne to mask the aniimalistic aroma!

Quote Originally Posted by AtinayBoy
    It is best not to ever wash, and simply pile on several hundred oz. of cologne to mask the aniimalistic aroma!
    Napolean never bathed for 4 years and used one bottle of 4711 per day. So I won't be surprised if that actually works. But I don't think that's advisable! ;D

I sometimes make cold process soap. This method combines water, lye and various vegetable oils or lard. This is the only true soap. Most things we buy from the grocery store are not soaps in fact but compressed detergents.

Unfortunately for me, this soap while moisturizing and free of detergents does a wonderful job of getting you clean. It totally kills the longevity of colognes applied after a shower.

In fact I've started giving almost all the soap away and using shower gel due to the this natural soaps adverse effect on fragrances