Code of Conduct

Default An amazing treasure trove for Los Angeles BN's!

On Saturday I drove down to the Garment District in Downtown LA (been living here all my life, figured I had to do it at least once). I wanted to see just how good the deals were on clothes.

As I was driving around looking for a parking structure, my eyes were greeted with the sight of at least 15 perfume shops! I almost teared up. :'(

Why didn't I now about this?

Not only did I find clothes at about 40% cheaper than all the trendy stores in Hollywood and Bev Hills, but I scored BIG TIME on the fragrences!

I'm going back very soon.

For $115 I bought the following,

4.3 oz bottle of Creed Tabarome ($75)
    1.7 oz bottel of Helmut Lang Cuiron ($22)
    3 miniatures (Animale, 3rd Man, Bel Ami)

All the shops (some more than others) had great selections on older, discontinued, and hard to find fragrences. Anyone looking for Aramis Havana, for example, will have no problem finding a lifetime supply down there.

Default Re: An amazing treasure trove for Los Angeles BN's

Great find and excellent choices in fragrances. Tell me what you think of 3rd Man especially compared to Animale. I prefer 3rd Man myself. The Cuiron is a steal!

I know it's alot to ask but do you happen to have the names or phone numbers of any of these stores? My girlfriend is flying out to LA in two weeks for business, I'd love to give her some money and have her load up for me!

Quote Originally Posted by madgradrx
    I know it's alot to ask but do you happen to have the names or phone numbers of any of these stores? My girlfriend is flying out to LA in two weeks for business, I'd love to give her some money and have her load up for me!

The following link will enable you to find everything having to do with perfumes in the "LA Fashion District" (including maps).
    Just pull down the menu in the Products and point to Perfume/Cologne, and press Search.

* *http://fashiondistrict.org/page.aspx?id=134

Thanks for sharing this great info phersurf.

By the way, I've heard that a lot of stores over there do not take credit cards. Be sure to take CASH.
    And do be careful, it's downtown LA! *

Yvan

One note of slight caution...I've been there myself on a hot summer day, and some stores have open sides and are not air-conditioned (part of the district is like a market setting). Many other stores are totally enclosed and stay cool. That said, you can find a lot there, and serpent used to say he shopped there a bit too.

Wearing Helmut Lang Cuiron today.

As far as the warning about Downtown LA, because of the nature of this area and the number of bycicle police around, it seems pretty safe. That's not to say you shouldn't keep you eyes open (and your wallet close), but the last thing the officials of LA would want is a bad reputation for this area.

godzilla thanks for the URL. I was wondering if there was a reference for this information.

phersurf, be sure to shop around. Many places are similar in price however, you can find variations and some deals. FYI, I found some creeds at around $65.00 cash. Cash is always your best price. Some places will take credit cards but you will pay more.

I have found that the shops on Los Angeles St. tend to have the higher prices. Although, I have found Scent-Sation and Universal Perfumes to have quite a large selection. I think that they have specials and boxed set offers during the holidays as I have seen lines outside these shops of people waiting to get in.

My best scores have been at 999 Perfumes, Sonia Rykiel Homme 4.2oz EDT $16.00, Lanvin L' Homme 6 oz EDT $35.00

I have not had much luck locating niche sents in the fashion district. I am looking for Aqua di Parma and Monsieur Balmain.

For niche I usually prefer to go to Beverly Hills and shop/sample at Neiman Marcus and for one stop shopping Barneys New York (Serge Lutens, L'Artisan Parfumeur, Frederic Malle and other stuff that I haven't gotten around to yet). Neiman Marcus, Barneys and Sak's are all right next to each other on Wilshire Blvd. So they are in easy walking distance. Check on the net for best parking. There are a couple of parking spots with the first two hours free.

I have not checked out Fred Segal but I'll get around to that one of these days. I am also looking to check out Ron Robinson for Czech & Speake.