Code of Conduct

Default in search of long lasting citrus scent

im looking for a long lasting citrus scent one that last about 6-7 hours?

Yvan

Default Re: in search of long lasting citrus scent

Monsieur Balmain is my favorite of all scents, and I find it lasts a good 6 hours on me (with maybe 5 or 6 sprays). *The citrus stays dominant, mainly lemon with a bit of orange; wood notes that smell to me like wet wood; a few floral and spice notes and a little musk.

Crown Marquis is another one. *I classify it as a citrus scent with some green notes, it has real bite, great quality and lasts 5 or 6 hours.

6-7 hours for a citrus scent is really pushing it ...

My longest lasting citrus is Fresh Index Bergamot Citrus. Never really timed it, but long lasting for a citrus. Also, Carthusia Mediterraneo is farily long lasting ... but the citrus kinda mixes with green tea on the drydown. Not for everyone.

As for me, I FORCE D'Orange Verte to last on me by DOUSING myself with it because I like it so much. My personal favorite citrus scent.

The longest lasting citrus scent i know of is Eau de New York by Bond 9. On my skin it lasts 7 to 9 hours,depending on the amount i put on.

Another fairly long lasting citrus is Balle de Match by de Nicolai.

Jeff
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc
    The longest lasting citrus scent i know of is Eau de New York by Bond 9. On my skin it lasts 7 to 9 hours,depending on the amount i put on.

Jeff
    Ah yes, forgot about that one. Long lasting on me too but dries down HORRIBLE on my skin. Smells llke dirt after about an hour.

Call me crazy, but about the longest lasting citrus scent I am familiar with is not known principally as a citrus scent, and that is Guerlain Vetiver. I agree that Monsieur Balmain also fits the 6+ hour criterion, as do AdP Colonia Assoluta and Tangerine Vert EDP from Miller Harris.

Jeff

I've never timed it, but Goutal's L'eau d'Hadrien is one heck of a beautiful citrus that also seems to last forever on me. There is a companion lotion that also helps in regard to longevity but it is great without it.
    Also if you can find Signoricci, it is beautiful and lasts forever.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

Both Colonia Assoluta and Orange Spice last a really long time on me. They are the ones that made me look into citrus scents more closely.

Isaac

D&G PH lasts long (citrus with tobacco)
    CK Eternity (much overlooked)

YSL PH Haute Concentree (sp?)

Hermes Jardin Sur Le Nil is the longest lasting cleanest citrus I've ever experienced, not to mention a little goes a long way to create some serious sillage.

And if you can find it, Banana Republic "M" is also a nice citrus scent concentrating on the orange note.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

It's a pity that citrus scents in general do not last very long because I love citrus. I personally like oranges, and Concentree d'Orange Verte is one my favorites. Unfortunately, the orange part seems to go away (evern though "concentrated&quot and ended up having papaya and woods lingering on and on. Bigarade concentree is wonderful, but the refreshing top of bitter orange disappears pretty quickly, and all you have left is just cumin. Needless to mention Eau D'Hadrien, which goes away like magic (whether EDT or EDP). The only exception, from my experience, would be Sanguine (Keiko Mecheri). It's blood orange (not orange), and may smell a bit feminine and kind of salty. But it seems to last longer than regular oranges.

VV

The citrus notes in Guerlain Vetiver lasts forever!

Also try Chanel pour Monsieur Concentree.

CdG Soda lasts all day on me.

Have you tried 212 on ice?

Yes, Bond No. 9 - Eau de New York outlasts them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vibrant_Violet
    It's almost like the difference of Habit Rouge original and Habit Rouge Light. Its probably just a bit lighter in its concentration (nothing new added) and you feel as if you had bought something lighter than EDT but thicker than EDC in concentration. The don't have a sexy "kick" as the original does, and of course, they're short-lasting. It's a waste of money, in my *opinion. *:'(
    You'd be surprised what was done to HR original to make the HR Legere 'NEW'.

One would think that the Legere version would be short lived like a summer edition scent, but on the contrary, to my nose, they took the original version, spiked the lemon topnote (rather than have the lemon and lime notes balance), and miraculously, to bring the scent into the 21st century, rather than have the earthy/fecal-animalistic/patchouli/leather notes be more prevalent, more vanilla and musk is added to make it a semi-gourmand oriental <<iMaverick drools just thinking about it *>>. *And the Legere lasts just as long as the original. *Boy, this is something of a beauty! *Luca Turin as usual is correct in that if you mess with a classic, make sure you do it right and make it distinctive from the original in its name. *The lemon topnote can smell "scary" at first, but one understands why this needed to be done when the heart and base notes come into focus. *All the presence longevity and sillage of the scent still intact. *Such a masterpiece! *Not a waste of money at all with this one.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

MPG Fraiche Badiane ... the lemon note is very strong and long-lasting. The anise and spice notes are also quite strong and not to everybody's liking, so sample before buying.
    ..."net", not "naut".

Agree with the comments above that Acqua di Parma's Colonia Assoluta is very long-lasting. I can still smell it on my skin 10-12 hours after initial application. It's a much more complex fragrance than a lot of citruses, and has many ingredients, including rose, other florals, and spices in it. And it's not cheap. So it's better to try it before you buy.

Although it's seldom discussed on the board, I find Capucci Pour Homme a very long-lasting citrus. It's a much more one-dimensional citrus fragrance than Colonia Assoluta, but it has a very nice, "traditional" citrus note.

Trumper's GFT is quite a potent citrus with a lot of oomph to it. Nice fragrance this. And fairly long-lasting for a citrus, although I'm not sure you'll get 7 hours out of it.

thanks guys and gals.. your comments have been noted

Creed Neroli Sauvage. Pricey, but fits the description.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballardbeau
    YSL PH Haute Concentree (sp?)
    Ditto.

Also consider:
    Moustache (citrus and some wierd fruit)
    Caswell Massey #6 (but subtle)
    MisterK / Vicomte de K / K
    Ephemeral Top 5: YSL PH HC, Worth PH, Equipage, Monsieur Rochas HC, Acqua di Gio

Yvan

Quote Originally Posted by verve
    Trumper's GFT is quite a potent citrus with a lot of oomph to it. * *Nice fragrance this. * And fairly long-lasting for a citrus, although I'm not sure you'll get 7 hours out of it. *
    I second verve on the niceness of GFT...great citrus, and my wearings revealed lots of sweetness too! I think it also has some sandalwood, doesn't it? And maybe just a touch of musk.

the long lasting citrus scents are hard to find

Aqua de Portofino, D&G Masculine and Benetton Sport last 6 to 7 hours on me with strength.

Eau de Rochas is next best at around 5 hours.

Citrus/woody scents like Versace Green Jeans, Cerrutti 1881 and Lamborghini have plenty of staying power also.
    Renato

thanks

halston Z,spicey orange,longevity is no problem on this one

hope i can check all of them out thanks for your help guys