Code of Conduct

Default NEW: Armani Prive - Amethyst

Does anyone know or has smelt the new Armani Prive - Amethyst launching in November? I believe it is launched Nov 2nd?

Default Re: NEW: Armani Prive - Amethyst

No, but thanks for the scoop!

The sales rep at Holts in Montreal informs me that the Armani Privé line can be layered very successfully.

Our French-language newspaper perfume critic, Mario Girard, rated Bois d'encens as the best of the series which is comprised of Ambre Soie (sensual), Pierre de lune (animal), Eau de jade (green) and Eau d'encens (sumptuous). He classifies the latter as a "superb example of daring and virtuosity which is what incense is in its almost pure state, preceded by subtle woods. Literally orgasmic and "cathedralesque". Mr. Girard gives this one 4 out of 5 stars, as he does Alien, Dior Homme, Prada Eau Intense, Brit Gold and My Queen.

Cèdre, Polo Black, Promesse de Cacharel and London for Men (Paul Smith) rate only 2 stars.

Bois d'Encens reminds me very much of the myrrh in Eau Trois by Diptyque.

I just wanted to bump this old 2005 thread and show some love for Cuir Amethyst! A forum search doesnt really yield many returns on this Armani Privée gem (pardon the pun).

I have sampled this twice now, and have to admit I've fallen for it (quite unintentionally).
    After sampling many of the Privées, I singled this one out as striking a nice balance between floral and spiced accords, and I find it completely bewitching.
    After my recent run with all 3 Durbano's (Rock Crystal, Amethyst and Black Tourmaline), I am beginning to wonder why the fixation on mineral/gem inspired scents.

I agree with Dimitri. This is a nice one. I even bought a bottle.

It's a very soft, slightly sweet, suede leather with some floral-fruity elements. At least that's how it strikes me. I've read comparisons of it with Daim Blond, but Cuir Amethyst is just a tad sweeter, noticeably softer, and the fruity elements are much less prominent. Cuir Amethyst is so very smooth in texture. I think it even lasts longer than Daim Blond. I haven't worn either of these frags that much, but based on my recent experiences I think I prefer the Armani.

I also own Bois d'Encens and like it, too. But the strong black pepper note among the wood and incense may be too strong for some people.

noggs

I agree Noggs... the Bois d'Encens was my second pick... very much like Benzoin chips used to burn over coals. I also found Eau de Jade quite wearable as well (Bergamot, Neroli, Pepper).

Am contemplating a Cuir Amethyst purchase. I have €100 burning a hole in my pocket (though, in the case of the Privées, I may have to chip in just a little more).

Cuir Amethyste is beautiful. Some even knock it for being 'too pretty'.

I sold my bottle last year, after being told by two different people that it smelled feminine on me. I regret selling it though.

Why the two bottles?

This is a wonderful leather/violet (like my beloved Arsene Lupin Dandy) and lightly powdery.

Any input on the gemstone bottles and the plain ones?
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Plain ones are refill bottles. And much cheaper. (5+ year old thread, btw)

Quote Originally Posted by inscents View Post
    Plain ones are refill bottles. And much cheaper. (5+ year old thread, btw)
    Thank you for the prompt answer. This thread was last viewed in 2008.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

May as well take this time to point out that Monsieur Girard is absolutely right. Bois d'Encens is a godlike fragrance. One of my all time favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by Jock_With_Scents View Post
    Cuir Amethyste is beautiful.
    Agree

I think its good to recycle threads. TIme is not much. WHy start from the very beginning?

Cuir Amethyste was feminine on me too, but still lovely. Bois D'Encens was my favourite from this line but it is regrettably costly. Good to sample but not to buy, at least for poor little me!