Code of Conduct

Default Anyone know about 10 Corso Como?

The fragrance notes are intriguing me....your thoughts? Too soft? Too feminine?

Here's the mix...
    rose, geranium, vetiver, musk, sandalwood and Malay oud-wood oil

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: Anyone know about 10 Corso Como?

Too much sandalwood and more importantly too much oud for me. Very heavy. Had to pass......
    It's not particularly feminine , a man could wear it easily.

I found it heavy for me as well, but it fits the atmosphere of the store. It is designed as a unisex fragrance, but definitely lands on the more masculine side. If you're in Milan, definitely check out the store, though, a well edited selection of fragrances.

Ah music to my ears! I was afraid the scent was too powdery or too floral.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

10 Corso Como is not powdery or floral at all. Heavy on the woods, as previously noted, especially the oud, to me this is much more towards the masculine side of unisex.

"Tam Dao just sat there, cold and dry, and far too simple. 10CC is complex and might even be sexy, depending on the mood I wear it in...."

"Pepper, incense, and a bit of honey and baby powder - that sums up the dry-down of this perfume on me. "

from;

http://makeupalley.com/product/showr...nd/Fragrances/

I finally got a small decant of 10 Corso Como (from ebay). I had read some reviews on Basenotes (not much info on this fragrance on Basenotes, unfortunately) and MakeupAlley, I had a sort of estimate that it would have a scent very close to Tam Dao..... Well, I was kind of right and wrong. Probably, I was right in the sense that both had sandalwood in their bases. Waiting several hours after application, both smell almost the same. It's a little creamy sandalwood (sort of unisex sandalwood I call). But first applied, you feel as if these were completely different fragrances. Tam Dao, as most of us know, has a blast of woody cedar in its top. And the transition of sharp cedar into creamy sandalwood is almost a spiritual experience. I love it. But this 10 Corso Como is not woody at all (to my nose). What some people call "a petrol note" is made up of plum and geranium. This plum is very ripe (riper than the one used in Rochas Femme). Have you ever smelt Demeter's Mango? It's a very ripe (almost fermenting) mango in it, as opposed to fresh-fruity mangos used in most summer fragrances. Same here. This plum is almost mushy, giving you an impression of something "feminine" and "old" at the same time. And geranium is geranium. I don't need to explain how it smells. Anyway, this pulm+geranium appears to last longer than you expect, and for sandalwood lovers, (unless you love mushy plums and geranium), it'll be a few hours of frustrating waiting before you can reach the creamy unisex sandalwood. Personally, I prefer Tam Dao, which, in my opinion, is a truely unisex and beautiful sandalwood, though when it gets colder, I feel like something warmer like Santal Noble.... :

VV