Code of Conduct

Default Ideal fragrance?

Hi, I'm not really too good at visualizing a fragrance from the basenotes, so I need a little help choosing a new fragrance.

I've never been a big wearer of fragrances, I always thought fragrances were for girls. I've mostly just worn stuff i've been given as a gift. I am a little bored of my previous fragrances and i'm looking for something new. So far I've tried;

1). Hugo Boss Boss - My first fragrance. A christmas gift from my mother. Very spicy and reminds me of something an old man would wear.

2). Davidoff Cool Water - Christmas gift from my sister when I was in my mid-late teens. I liked the clean smell and it reminded me of honey. No idea why?!? But I liked this one. Now it's very dated and i've worn it to death. Not really strong enough.

3). Givency Pi - Bought on a whim of the internet. Very very sweet, reminded me a bit of Liquorish and aniseed to begin with, now it makes me feel sick, but quite nice in small doses. Perhaps a touch too feminine.

4). Issey Miyake - Bought on a recomendation, a bit overpowering and far too common. Too easily recognised by people.

5). Davidoff Cool Water Deep - Smells very similar to Cool Water, but with slightly more punch. Nice because it reminds me of Cool Water, but too similar. I still really like ths one even so.

6). Next Dimension - Umm... It's a cheap fragrance which smells of nothing but Alchohol. never really worn it.

7). Diesel Zero Plus - A gift from my mother a few years ago. Far too spicy and not very subtle. On special offer everywhere. Too cheap, too widely available.

Basically, I'm looking for something a bit different, classy but understated. Clean smelling, but not something that smells clean like most deoderants and shower gels.
    Something that can be worn to work or on a night out. Not too strong, but not too weak. Not too spicy or too sweet, nor too feminine. I'm looking for something for around 30-40 for an EDT spray, nothing too expensive but nothing dirt-cheap either.

Any suggestions?? :-/

Thanks.

Default Re: Ideal fragrance?

snoopy- welcome aboard! You may want to try Ghost Man, Balenciaga Cristobal or Armand Basi. All moderately priced, not too strong, all smell great and can be worn day or night.

I'm gonna' hit you with one from the wayback machine: Armani Eau pour Homme. The original 80's flava!
    It just popped into my head when I read your last paragraph. Might not be "understated" by today's standards though. Heh.

Mugler Cologne might work for you. Very clean and fresh smelling. I also second the Armani pour homme, mmm lemon. Although the Armani reminded me of pledge (the wood cleaner) a bit.

Hi snoop,
    fragrances are for girls,at least that's what I wear it for.
    try paco rabanne xs,get lots of inquiries about this one.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy104
    2). Davidoff Cool Water - Christmas gift from my sister when I was in my mid-late teens. I liked the clean smell and it reminded me of honey. No idea why?!? But I liked this one. Now it's very dated and i've worn it to death. Not really strong enough.

5). Davidoff Cool Water Deep - Smells very similar to Cool Water, but with slightly more punch. Nice because it reminds me of Cool Water, but too similar. *I still really like ths one even so.

Basically, I'm looking for something a bit different, classy but understated. Clean smelling, but not something that smells clean like most deoderants and shower gels.
    Something that can be worn to work or on a night out. Not too strong, but not too weak. Not too spicy or too sweet, nor too feminine. I'm looking for something for around 30-40 for an EDT spray, nothing too expensive but nothing dirt-cheap either.

Any suggestions?? :-/

Thanks.
    Creed Green Irish Tweed is your answer. On www.scentiments.com you can get a 4oz. tester for $49 (I don't know the conversion rate).