Code of Conduct

Default tea scent in your collection?

what tea scent do you have in your collection?
    still confused of what to buy

Default Re: tea scent in your collection?

I have several but my favorite is Yang by Jacques Fath. Ren described it in his review as not just tea, but the whole tea service. That certainly resonates with me. I'm really not a fan of SMW and to my nose, this is nothing like it. I think I get the most inquiries as to what I'm wearing when I wear this.

Right now I have Goutal- Duel (Great Scent)

Probably going to add Silver Mountain Water in the near future, but I can definitely recommend Duel...

Good luck.
    If you see this, please be warned that my wardrobe is woefully out of date. It may never be updated. Feel free to ask any questions you may have, but be warned!

those scents are hard to find.. anything more commercial? and cheaper heheheh

Rectoverso - Tea Tobacco: This is a sweet spicy scent that verges on feminine. I can detect some sweet black tea, but i really wouldn't think of this as a tea scent.

Comme des Garcons - Tea: CdG Tea is a smoky tea scent. A strong lapsang souchong note fades into a softer green scent with a hint of rose but stays smoky the whole way through. There's no sweetness at all in this one, I read one review that said it was 'too real'..It definitely smells like Lapsang tea.

Bvlgari Black: Another one with the Lapsang tea, but this time it's softened by vanilla and possiby sandalwood. There's also a great rubber note that I love but is too strong for some people. Smoky, dark, somewhat sweet. This is my favorite of the ones i have.

I've been looking for tea scents too, I hope you find something good!
    Top Five: Oud Wood, Aventus, Kyoto, Rose 31, Tam Dao

Best Tea scents:

Tea for Two
    SMW
    Yang

don't know of any mainstream tea fragrance, if you guys can think of one, that would be nice

I really have to second Tea for Two!

Another vote in favour of Annick Goutal's Duel...

Steely

SMW, Hermes Jardin en Mediterranee, Bulgari PH

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Why So Serious?

To me there are no better tea scents than Yang, runner up would be T42 which is also top notch but not as versatile due it's smokey nature, to me T42 is strictly a cold weather fragrance. Duel smells like ice-tea, but is very light and short-lived. I dont smell much tea in SMW and Bvlgari PH, but they are good fragrances nontheless. CDG tea is like T42, a bit heavy, almost smells like gasoline and paint at first, quite overwhelming but settles nicely. L'Occitane The Vert is a nice light green tea scent, it's also quite minty, but not particularly masculine. Thé Pour un Été is also a very refreshing tea scent for the summer, the jasmine tea in it smells quite sweet making it more feminine, but then anybody can wear anything. Bottom line, Yang is a must have, not just as a tea scent, but as a scent in general.
    Current top 5:
    1. Puredistance M
    2. Naomi Goodsir Bois d'Ascese
    3. Amouage Fate Man
    4. Creed Spice & Wood
    5. Bond 9 Harrods Oud

Quote Originally Posted by madvillain
    Comme des Garcons - Tea: CdG Tea is a smoky tea scent. A strong lapsang souchong note fades into a softer green scent with a hint of rose but stays smoky the whole way through. There's no sweetness at all in this one, I read one review that said it was 'too real'..It definitely smells like Lapsang tea.
    Not being a great fan of tea note, this is the unique tea scent I own. Definitely something out of the crowd!

If you look for something more commercial, give Bulgari Ph (both the original and the extreme version) a try...

I can only think of Bond No.9 West Broadway

CdG - Nomad Tea.

I've been sampling this one lately but can't really say what I make of it. I like to sniff it on my arm, but I'm not sure I like what I sniff. definately interesting though. Like a used tea bag dripping of milk och sugar with a damp cigarette butt lying around somewhere close. Not as disgusting as it might sound, but still I'm not sure if I'd wear this outside my apartment just yet.

I wear SMW Creed and Tea for two L`Artisan.

I have Bvlgary pour homme and Duel but not wear it often.

Beth Terry has very good blended fragrance named The. It`s fresh in the top but then goes warmer into Tea for two valley - not reaching its sweetness...

Dawn Spencer Hurwitz has three or four tea fragrances. They are perfume oils, very pure and joyful.
    Vetiver The Great!!!

I personally also like Route du Thé by Barneys. It's more of a sharp and dry kind of tea which not everyone seems to appreciate.

I own SMW and Yang and have vials of L'Occitane The Vert and L'Artisan T42.

I can't stand T42, but that's just me. For some reason or another it makes me sick.

I'm not as crazy about Yang as I used to be. In fact, I don't wear it that often anymore. It starts off nice but somewhere down the line makes me sick; this didn't use to happen. I've heard lots of others talk about a "disenchantment" with Yang, this definatley happened to me, and it happened rather quickly.

SMW is divine, heavenly, a beautifully exquisite present of fragrance that can transport you to another world.

The Vert is nice.

Yang - Jacques Fath
    Eau de The Vert - Roger & Gallet

Aaron

An excellent and affordable green tea scent is Roger & Gallet's Eau de the Vert. More unisex but easily worn by a man.

definitely tea for two...

if you are looking for green tea,

i enjoy...

loccitane's vert the (green tea)...

javafudge

a cheaper one and great

green tea eau de cologne by Yves rocher it is unisex long long lasting at a super price
    shower gel and deo to go with it the deo IS GREAT.
    (in the us web site they do not mention that it is unisex but it is in the uk and french ones)

and then you have concerto by fragonard superb of course.

Laurent

Invisible Power