Code of Conduct

Default Acqua di Cuba  SMN,some information?

Hi i know that a favorite fragance of SixCats is Creed New Tabarome,and the second Acqua di Cuba,well for me New Tabarome is in my top 3 of fragances with Laguna and DK Fuel for night (Club,concerts,fun.......).
    Somebody can talk about this fragance (composition,family,lasting..........)?
    Is in line of Creed New tabarome?
    Is possible i like,(me like too for nights Diptyque and Lempicka au masculin)?

All information is welcome,thanks in advance.
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

Default Re: Acqua di Cuba *SMN,some information?

Hi Dry,

Dry...I am having a bit of trouble understanding your question. Are you asking about ACQUA DI CUBA ?

Regards,
    SixCats!

Default Re: Acqua di Cuba  SMN,some information?

I love Aqua di Cuba - its one of the richest and sourest Tobacco fragrances on earth. Some say it smells like urine, but I think its just a rich, heady, and dry tobacco. Its a lot rougher and 'dirtier' than new tabarome.

Its hard to say if you will like it. This one is kind of love or hate. You have to try it first.

Quote Originally Posted by IPaidForThisName

Its hard to say if you will like it. This one is kind of love or hate. You have to try it first.
    I can' emphatically agree with Julian more here. This scent is the most foul thing I've ever smelled in my life. Picture combining Kouros with a jar of 3 week old urine and some rotten tobacco leaves. It's truly horrid on my skin. Sour, bitter, and toe curling. Try this before buying because it's not for everyone by any stretch of the imagination.

Sniffff? Sniffff?
    Hummmm...

(C)
    (i might have to re-think this one, ya never know)
    CG

Thank you very much for his information Sirs,after the read his answers is clear that i must try before. I can see that is different for New Tabarome.

PD:Yes Sixcats i speak about Acqua di Cuba,i make the question why i believe that if Tabarome are you favorite,Acqua di Cuba was similar. I hope his answer Sir [smiley=wink.gif]
    #TOP 5#: Antico Caruso, Penhaligons Racquets,Creed BayRhum Vetiver,Domenico Caraceni,Castle Forbes 1445

Hi Dry,

OK...gotcha! (American slang for "I understand&quot. While it is true that both CREED TABAROME MILLESIME and SMN ACQUA DI CUBA are my two FAVORITE fragrances, they are NOTHING alike! I am not good at all discribing fragrances so...I will defer to more qualified Basenote members. I will say this...SAMPLE both fragrances before you buy! Best of luck to you Dry.

Regards,
    SixCats!

Eau de Incontinence

It might work in a nursing home / daycare center.

Quote Originally Posted by Setamp
    Eau de Incontinence

It might work in a nursing home / daycare center.

Well,..............it Depends..................hahahahahahaha!

Awwww Chuck!

Come on dude...your not KNOCKING my beloved ACQUA DI CUBA are you ? LOL

Regards,
    SixCats!

How does this compare to Vintage Tabarome ?
    The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
    -- Marcel Proust

Quote Originally Posted by SixCats
    Awwww Chuck!

Come on dude...your not KNOCKING my beloved ACQUA DI CUBA are you ? LOL

Regards,
    SixCats!
    Only tongue in cheek. I would never dis anything this well made (though not to my taste currently).

Yvan

It's probably my skin chemistry, because the sample I got was a good one from a reputable company, but I don't know what all the fuss is about this one; my wearing of this was not bad, like it has been for others, and it was also not an eye-opening tobacco scent for me. *I think it's an excellent scent, which I'd categorize as mainly a citrus-based scent with a tiny bit of tobacco and with some kick to it, but very wearable, even in the office.

It started out with intense lemon and a bit of orange, the whole scent fairly raw, not "polished" like Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme. *About a half hour in, the tobacco started to emerge, and some base notes started to emerge and to anchor it and flesh it out. *At this point, I notice a slight similarity to Mark Birley; it may be the citrus mixed with some aromatic note. *And the similarity could also be due to the sweet note in AdC which MonkeyManMatt described in another thread as a honey note. *The orange and lemon trade off in dominance. *But I just don't smell much tobacco at all; I smell more tobacco in Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme. *There may also be a few minor floral notes, and possibly musk and vetiver, and it had a slight soapy quality during the first hour or two, but not after that. *I haven't been able to find a pyramid with notes for AdC. *One way I could describe my experience of this is as mainly a combination of Dolce & Gabbana pour Homme and Mark Birley, with some Chic by Herrera thrown in for good measure.

I have to say I'm impressed by not just the composition and balance but also by the intensity of the fragrance; many times, I'll find scents from more artisinal houses weaker than those from big houses, but AdC has plenty volume and seems to last well.

Nice description Yvan; that pretty well sums up my reaction too.

Julian introduced me to this one, and for me, it belonged in the "Scents that Make You Go "WOW'" thread. "WOW," I said! Just an amazing scent, and one I have to get.

Regarding the tobacco, I find more in D & G also, though I didn't care for that frag at all and traded it ("a cigar stubbed out in a glass of lemon juice" was my description). I also get as much or more tobacco in, say, Havana or London by Burberry (which is a very fine scent, by the way....I pulled it out of obscurity last week for my SOTD and was bowled over how good it is...pears and tobacco; who would have thought?

If anyone has a decant of ADQ for sale, please contact me!