Code of Conduct

Thread: "M"...

Default "M"...

...by Perry Ellis. *This was a surprising find for me, I went to a discount perfume store today, and was recommended this scent when I asked for some vanilla based frags. *She pulled out several, but it boiled down to two scents on blotter strips, M or Lolita Lempicka--surprised she pulled this one out, I guess fate was giving it a chance AGAIN for the fourth time trying this. *Both were winning my nose, then LL revealed its dimensions, M remained flat, sweet, rather heavy. *I couldn't make a decision yet, so she finally offered to spray the backs of my hands one on each side. *That's when the beauty of M came forth...sweet, *woody, with a bright note that kept tugging at my head and senses as familiar. *I definitely bought M (among two other scents) and as I left I still couldn't figure what it was that seemed so familiar.

Then it hit me, I'm a bit of a newbie here, not sure if anyone's commented on this and I didn't cheat and look at the Directory, but I finally made the connection with the heart and base of *ALLURE! *No mistaking it at all. *But the beauty of this scent is that it doesn't get overly cloying and sweet at the end, the drydown almost seems like it's working in reverse compared to Allure, it gets lighter, the sage vetiver and woods come forth to keep the frag from being too warm, making it comfortable to wear during the day. *I'm very happy with this one.

For those who've tried it how was your experience? *I'm happy to say that Perry Ellis is on my good side again since Reserve.

As for LL, the familiar comparison to Le Male on steroids rings true, and I didn't leave the store with this in my bag of purchases.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Default Re: "M"...

I really liked this at first...I even named it in a thread as "the most overlooked fragrance on Basenotes"
    However, I've been caught up in obtaining more "quality" scents...HA!
    I'll have to revisit and maybe this will come off my swaplist. I do remember liking it A LOT!
    Thanks for the reminder.

Default Re: "M"...

I loved Allure, but it would just get too heavy at the end, I swear I would actually choke on it, but with the creation of Allure Homme Sport and M, I can enjoy it a little better.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!