Code of Conduct

Default Millesime Imperial

Got my small bottle yesterday and have been test driving it, first thing is I have Defo smelt something like MI a couple of times, one of my co-worker wears something and smells 70% same just without the aquatic notes so there is a MI copy cat out there or the other way round.

I like the smell but its not great at all compared to GiT, wore it for 2 days and did not get a single head turn or a complement where as GiT its nearly always.

MI is my second ever Creed and i am not that happy about, I hope SMW and Himalya can offer a bit more.

Sorry about the review i am not good yet at reviewin Fragrances.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5
    Heritage 2. Antaeus3.Kouros 4. Drakkar Noir 5. Montana PDH

Default Re: Millesime Imperial

Just because people weren't forthcoming with comments does not mean their heads weren't being turned. If only you knew what they thought...
    Let your nose be your pilot

Post Thanks / Like

Millesime Imperial doesn't have enough sillage to turn heads IMO. The only time I get compliments is when people give me a hug. Himalaya has more sillage and should catch more attention. However, GIT is the biggest head turner out of the Millesime line IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about getting GIT, but there has been so many comments saying it smells like Cool Water.

I have Cool Water.

I don't really like Cool Water, as do many people here.

Am I missing something here? :-?

Imperial is good but not as great as the following:

1. GIT

2. Neroli Sauvage

3. SMW

4. OV

Post Thanks / Like

I'm anxious to try this one out too, even though I've never worn a unisex frag.
    David and Becca forever!!

Quote Originally Posted by chris21
    I've been thinking about getting GIT, but there has been so many comments saying it smells like Cool Water.

I have Cool Water.

Am I missing something here? *:-?
    Only the first 3 minutes of GiT little bit smells like Cool Water, then after that it is completly different, you could just order a sample vial from ebay and test it.
    "...but I also can't prove that mushrooms could not be intergalactic spaceships spying on us." Daniel C. Dennett

Top 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Incedal
    [quote author=chris21 link=1128113757/0#3 date=1128129279]I've been thinking about getting GIT, but there has been so many comments saying it smells like Cool Water.

I have Cool Water.

Am I missing something here? *:-?
    Only the first 3 minutes of GiT little bit smells like Cool Water, then after that it is completly different, you could just order a sample vial from ebay and test it.[/quote]

I agree. I gave it a full testing yesterday for SSD...and I actually liked it! The other couple times I tried it I just put a little bit on my wrists, wrinkled my nose @ its likeness to Cool Water, & washed it off. OOPS! Had I given it half a chance, I would've gotten to the heart of this scent, the wonderful drydown.
    "Wait...is David Bowie really God?" - Penelope Garcia

Creed MI is my favorite fragrance. It never fails to evoke a WOW comment from the females. I am constantly amazed by it each time I wear it.

Don't lose heart.

This is the most fleeting scent I've ever worn, and I still haven't gotten used to that salty sea note at the base. Such a fresh and lively scent though.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

When I first tried this one, I thought it lasted about 10 minutes. I am pleased to report that MI now lasts 10+ hours on me.

I am really starting to like this alot, took a few days to get around but i really like it now, and I happy with it, its now my fav Aquatic frag.

This might just be me but, everytime I wear MI, I am reminded of AcQua Di GiO.

Top 5

I wore it on Saturday and it was still going strong after ten hours. It goes dormant if you are inactive, but reawakens when you move around.

Quote Originally Posted by Incedal
    I am really starting to like this alot, took a few days to get around but i really like it now, and I happy with it, its now my fav Aquatic frag.

Quick question here: Does MI have an aquatic note/character, a la Issey Miyake, Acquman, Acqua Motu, 1805, Erofla etc?

Or does it smell more like a classic citrus fragrance without the aquatic influence?

It defitinely has something of the sea, although more salty/sandy than purely aquatic.

Think of yourself eating a tangerine on a sunny beach on a breezy day and you're just about there!

Quote Originally Posted by verve
    [quote author=Incedal link=1128113757/0#11 date=1128345033]I am really starting to like this alot, took a few days to get around but i really like it now, and I happy with it, its now my fav Aquatic frag.

Quick question here: *Does MI have an aquatic note/character, a la Issey Miyake, Acquman, Acqua Motu, 1805, Erofla etc? *

Or does it smell more like a classic citrus fragrance without the aquatic influence? *[/quote]

Its like your on the beach you can smell the salty sea air with a touch of watermelon.

Top 5

Post Thanks / Like

I put on 3 shots at 7:30 this AM and it's still rolling. Actually smells better. This is a "me" scent, whether anyone else enjoys it or not.

It is very beautiful and the 2nd creed I owned. For some reason, it does not get any play in my drobe as much as I love it. The Creeds that get play are:

GIT
    NS
    SMW
    OV

I own and love these 4 dearly. Among these 4, kyoto, un jardin en mediterreanee, and on occasion eau d'range vert, fierce, and armani emporio white get play. The rest of my fragrances have went untouched.

Post Thanks / Like

My wife liked this when I got home yesterday. And at 9 last night, it was still very present. I must have gotten a good bottle.

I need to wear it more often.