Code of Conduct

Default Crown Perfumery fans > Check out Anglia Perfumery!

Hi folks.

I know there are a few Crown fans here -- This may be old news but this UK company have relaunched some of their scents by the looks of it - has anyone tried them?

http://www.anglia-perfumery.com/

I've emailed them for more info - i'll keep you posted

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Crown Perfumery fans > Check out Anglia Perfum

I´ve tried Spiced Limes, it´s not so bad but the original is much better in my opinion.
    Wondrous is our great blue ship that sails around the mighty sun and joy to everyone that rides along!

Post Thanks / Like

This is excellent news. The site that is linked with and distributes Anglia looks amazing as well. english-scent.de looks set to carry on the great British traditions.

Thanks for sharing this Grant.

Eric

THANKS for the information. I still have a bottle of royal yacht that i bought 15 years ago.

AZTEC

Interesting, so there are a few re-launches under Anglia perfumery's name & Clive Chrisitian has bought the rights to use the crown stopper, what a history...

I thought Royal Yacht was re-launched by Taylor of old Bond street under No.74? I still have Royal Yacht in the original red box, interestingly enough some basenoter likened it on the directory to the smell of a whore's handbag!
    Let your nose be your pilot

Yvan

Good catch, Grant! I'm a big Marquis fan. That Royal Court (formerly Royal Yacht)looks good...does anyone who's tried it find it "floral and eccentric," like they say it is?

Yes it is, it has a musky presence, one that is reminiscent of an Edwardian barber shop, it has a snooty air attached to it, hence it is was favoured by the well-heeled members of society - those that wine & dine in Mayfair, buy their shirts from New & Lingwood or Turnbull & Asser on Jermyn street, those that wear shoes constructed by the likes of Crockett & Jones, Edward Green & Fosters & Sons. In short, it used to be well noted for the old establishment (educated in schools like Rugby, Eaton & Oxbridge).

One must definitely sample this before buying as it is not to every one's taste...
    Let your nose be your pilot

Post Thanks / Like

Their site and packaging could certainly use a visit from the Fab 5! Yikes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evogel
    *This is excellent news. *The site that is linked with and distributes Anglia looks amazing as well. * *english-scent.de looks set to carry on the great British traditions * *
    Hi guys,
    I've ordered several times at englishscent.de and they're really recommendable. Fast, friendly service. And of course they carry really interesting stuff (I love Marquis and Royal Court), especially the Trumper frags and of course C&S (who obviously still have production problems).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gerald
    [quote author=evogel link=1127909735/0#2 date=1127920398] *This is excellent news. *The site that is linked with and distributes Anglia looks amazing as well. * *english-scent.de looks set to carry on the great British traditions * *
    Hi guys,
    I've ordered several times at englishscent.de and they're really recommendable. Fast, friendly service. And of course they carry really interesting stuff (I love Marquis and Royal Court), especially the Trumper frags and of course C&S (who obviously still have production problems). [/quote]
    As an eccentric Englishman myself I should have known about this - but didn't. Thanks Grant.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Crown Perfumery fans > Check out Anglia Perfumery!

Couldn't resist reviving this old thread. First, The Good Life introduced me to Crown's Sandringham, and I loved it; next, I went on an internet shopping spree and bought full bottles of Sandringham, plus 3 Anglia scents, Sissinghurst, Park Royal and Marquis.
    Sandringham is a surprisingly changing scent, one day it's green and the next day is woody.
    On the 3 Anglias, it's just the first day, but I'm very, very excited. They're all so smooth, warm, balanced, pleasant to wear; Marquis being the most surprising and original. They're powerful and long-lasting too. And I love their minimalist packaging and very reasonable pricing ! A great discovery for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Yesyesoldboy, the Empire may be nearly gone but it's still leaving a scent trail here and there.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

I am getting ready to send off my sample of Crown Perfumery's Town & Country to a fellow Basenoter.

I had never sampled it before today and it just took my breath away - powdery and barbershoppy with a ton of sillage.

Perfumeintelligence describes it as a 1925 scent that is "a crisp mossy masculine chypre edt with notes of clary sage, lavender, rosemary, wild thyme and musk." [Sounds like my Mossy Woods family to me!]

Anglia has taken over production of many of Crown's fragrances. Does anyone know if Town & Country is available and, if so, under what name?

Thanks!
    Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both and be one traveler, long I stood and looked down one as far as I could to where it bent in the undergrowth; Then took the other, as just as fair, ...... I shall be telling this with a sigh somewhere ages and ages hence: Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoRoads View Post
    I am getting ready to send off my sample of Crown Perfumery's Town & Country to a fellow Basenoter.

I had never sampled it before today and it just took my breath away - powdery and barbershoppy with a ton of sillage.

Perfumeintelligence describes it as a 1925 scent that is "a crisp mossy masculine chypre edt with notes of clary sage, lavender, rosemary, wild thyme and musk." [Sounds like my Mossy Woods family to me!]

Anglia has taken over production of many of Crown's fragrances. Does anyone know if Town & Country is available and, if so, under what name?

Thanks!
    You can still get bottles at firstinfragrance in Germany (I have it as well and offer "smaller quantities")
    Last edited by the_good_life; 6th January 2008 at 07:23 PM.
    My Wardrobe
    II est de forts parfums pour qui toute matière/Est poreuse. On dirait qu'ils pénètrent le verre.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey guys, you can still get a lot of the crown perfumes from Parfumes Raffey. I live across the street from him and i buy from him a lot, especially the crown perfumes. Here is his site.

http://www.parfumsraffy.com/crown.html

I was curious how similar the Clive Christian products are compared to some of the Crown products. On a side note for those of you familiar with the Crown products which might you recommend as a first try for me, I like:

Versace Dreamer
    Gucci Nobile
    Gucci Envy
    Prada Amber
    Truefitt & Hill 1805
    Jil Sander Men

Just to name a few

Post Thanks / Like

I have just tried the Royal Court and Park Royal.

One of the notes in Royal Court just doesn't agree with my nose, it's making me sneeze, apart from that, it's amazing. Of the two though, I prefer the Park Royal.

Barry
    Fine fragrance is alive; it breathes, unfolds and unravels with each passing hour....

Roja Dove