Code of Conduct

Thread: SL Borneo 1834

Default SL Borneo 1834

Just got the full bottle of Borneo 1834. Just Amazing. Read a review here http://lucaturin.typepad.com/perfume..._1834_lut.html

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: SL Borneo 1834

I put it on and thought, "Oh...that's nice" and that about sums up the anticlimax. Patchouli, patchouli and more patchouli set against a not-too-sweet chocolate bean. My problem is that I have both Lothantique's patchouli and L'Occitane's patchouli and they both do equally good jobs at creating similar effects at a fraction of the cost.

I'll pass on this one...of course, if a bottle came up for swap I'd be sure to try to get my grubby little hands on it....after all, it is "nice"...and it is Lutens...

I just ordered a decant of this.....anxiously awaiting...

Quote Originally Posted by rjrober22
    I just ordered a decant of this.....anxiously awaiting...
    AWESOME! I get an even distribution of Patchouli and chocolate or cocoa bean or whatever.
    This is the SHIZNIT

AWESOME! *I get an even distribution of Patchouli and chocolate or cocoa bean or whatever.
    This is the SHIZNIT *
    Simply, the best patchouli fragrance ever created. The subtlety of its sillage is incredibly alluring.
    The patchouli in it has been treated just like how the vetiver in Vetiver Extraordinaire was to bring to the fore the essence of it without the obtrusive earthy edge. The chocolate-patchouli accord is just overwhelming.
    Amazing how the sweetness of the top notes fades into a lithe, dark and bitter dry-down.

i can echo the previous reviews of a an excellent balance of patchouly and fine dark chocolate with to my nose a hint of ginger and the smell of good grade hash resin,imo it leans more to the masculine side as it lacks the sweetness of fumerie turque,chergui and other previous lutens orientals .To sum it up i love it and maybe finally a serge lutens oriental for the more macho types

Post Thanks / Like

Not just a refined and exquisite Patchouli scent, but a beautiful and unforgetable fragrance overall. A longlasting, linear scent that melts into your skin, mellowing slightly, but never drifting from the heart of its essence.

A gift from someone very special . . . JAG

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to Tigs I did get to try this one and I rather like it. It's in the A*men mode of sledgehammer orientals that Lutens loves, but it's very rich and sweet. To me it's like A*men with a heavy caramel note. IT's really nice and sexy. I can't wait to wear it with a sweater. I would have to really consider getting a bottle sometime in the near future.