Code of Conduct

Default Your fragrances and your pets

Just wondering.. Has your pet ever got interested in one or more of the fragrances you own?
    Is there any "cat (dog) magnet"?

Default Re: Your fragrances and your pets

heh heh which colognes do pets dig...

My beagle and my cat haven't shown any preferences, but i'm sure they wonder why their "daddy" smells different every day!
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

They say that CK Obsession has a very interesting effect on cats. Check out the reviews.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Lis
    Is there any "cat (dog) magnet"?

NOW I've heard it all .... [smiley=lolk.gif]

If I wore Eau de T-bone I think I might get my dog's interest....otherwise nothing.
    My cat, however, likes anything with mint. Must be that catnip gene kicking in.
    "Ca sent les pieds!"

I sprayed some Bvlgari Extreme on my chest once and my hound just about ripped my shirt off trying to get at it. [smiley=shocked.gif]

My cats love vetiver.

I'll be wearing a kimono after showering and scenting, sitting down to morning coffee and the paper and all three will climb on me and press their foreheads tightly against my body and, in general, act kittenish (kneading, etc.).

When I go to visit the parents, my old labrador is waiting at the top of the steps with tail-a-waggin' and sneezes galore!

My male cat LOOOOOVES Odeur 53. Or well, he loves to lick it from my arm... But since cats do that when they want to smell better I can't really tell what he is doing.

My dog doesn't show any preferences. The cat, however, goes crazy over L'eau du Gouveurneur.

I can understand why

One time I layered fahrenheit 0 degree over african musk oil (it was an experiment, and yes, the result smelled oddly similar to the original fahrenheit!) and my doggie licked it off. I'm not sure if it was a fahrenheit thing because I seem to recall her licking off other scents but I'm not sure. Something funny is whenever my sister wears Opium and then hugs a dog, the dog smells like opium for the next week. Very strange.

Neither of them -- a dog and a cat -- cares. :'(

One cat I knew went crazy for Paloma Picasso, would even lick me behind the ears and on the arm. It was about 7 years ago. Purring and closing his eyes. Seriously! Nothing of this nature has ever happened before or after that cat, so it was rather an exception than the rule, I would say.

I only wear What about adam if I am going out, because it drives my cat nuts. Like catnip..weird.

This is such a great thread!
    My peke doesn't really notice all the different perfumes I'm wearing, but he always sniffs the strips when offered. Nevermind, I love him!!! ;D

I heard this story, i don't know if its true, about this girl who supposedly liked to spray "herself" with Bois Farine, because her dog liked peanut butter...

:0

Quote Originally Posted by duxie
    My peke doesn't really notice all the different perfumes I'm wearing, but he always sniffs the strips when offered. Nevermind, I love him!!!
    My wife once washed our peke with Acqua di Parma body wash, and constantly threatens to use my Bvlgari body wash. Have to say he smelled good. At 26/bottle however, the peke can do without.

Pet SOTD?

My fish don't seem to care.

My dog as a habit of taking my underware out of the (to be washed) laundry basket.
    I dont spray cologne in my nether regions, so I guess old Truffle likes the fragrance of my bum!

Enzo my British Blue hates lemony and verbena type (high notes)

But he loves warm scents like eau de hongrie - santal etc.............

What can I say a Classic cat !

laurent
    Invisible Power

Quote Originally Posted by veronica
    My cats love vetiver.

I'll be wearing a kimono after showering and scenting, sitting down to morning coffee and the paper and all three will climb on me and press their foreheads tightly against my body and, in general, act kittenish (kneading, etc.).
    Now I know what I want to reincarnate as.

As to my own monsters, *they sneezed when I wore Vera Wang. *(can't really blame them) *Worse, *they were completely uninterested *in Guerlian's Vetiver. *Depressed me so much I contemplated suicide by dangling a string of yarn on my *wrist.
    My Wardrobe

Reviews: http://www.basenotes.net/reviews/30

Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.

My Antaeus can beat up your Armani.

Enzo my British Blue hates lemony and verbena type (high notes)

But he loves warm scents like eau de hongrie - santal etc.............

What can I say a Classic cat !

Now I don't have a cat. When I lived with my cat she also loved warm subtle scents, even coffee.
    And avoided all citrus, especially orange. She died 3 years ago :'(
    These days I observe the family of earth wasps. They built their house on the box of thyme.
    I notice all the earth wasps do love herbal scents, thyme especially.

Something we do forget is that while caressing them and holding them we leave our scent and perfume on them.

I am always amazed how my cat fur smell my perfume and how he hold it in its wool like, a jumper.

When I came back from holiday last time something was missing on him and yes it was probably my scent !!

Laurent
    Invisible Power