Code of Conduct

Default antaeus cured my blind buying

bought this one blind,no more surprizes,I was just at the store and asked a girl there(didn't tell her what it was)her opinion on this cologne.
    her exact words"oh man that's awful,who told you to wear that?you smell like a chick"
    I like to ask a neutral party,you can really get an honest opinion.

Default Re: antaeus cured my blind buying

What does SHE know...I wouldn't want a woman smelling like Antaeus, IMO. Fragrance is personal, it expresses a part of yourself, it's not about public acceptance. I'd might as well wear D&G PH and AdG for the rest of my life if that's what I wanted. I think a woman who likes what I wear would turn out to be someone more special than someone that just dissed you in public, whofarted. For all you know, she probably prefers men to smell like turpentine or beer and peanuts. Hardly neutral if she has a preference on how a man should smell like.

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

Quote Originally Posted by iMaverick
    *Fragrance is personal, it expresses a part of yourself, it's not about public acceptance. *
    I'm in agreement with this statement
    Let your nose be your pilot

Bottom line whofarted (great name) is ... Do YOU like it?

F*$# everyone else! [smiley=evil.gif]

One of the aspects of Jacques Polge's work is that he makes/made a wonderful effort to tie in vintage Chanel to his creations - the early ones at least. I've always felt, he attempted to mimic the aldyhyde character of some of the early Chanel perfumes with Antaeus - That is one of the aspects of the scent I appreciate so much - All throughout however, Antaeus is thoroughly masculine and I'd also even go so far as saying the clerk at the store wouldn't identify with most other refined choices either. Now if shes cute, thats another story, I'd happly slap her ass wearing Lacoste [smiley=evil.gif]

Quote Originally Posted by whofarted
    "oh man that's awful,who told you to wear that?you smell like a chick"
    Ridiculous! Antaeus smells strong of leather and tobacco...entirely masculine. It's top notes are a tad sweet, and she may have sniffed too soon. But the heart of Antaeus is completely masculine. And I am very discerning about wearing strong masculine scents only! Antaeus is power class, strong, masculine. I don't know any chicks who would smell like that.........

Did she just so happen to smell another scent that mixed with your Antaeus, Mr. whofarted?

LMAO!!! [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
    Are you not entertained??? Is this not why you are here??

I respect Polge for creating this complex scent however I find it too.......polleny perhaps? Inky?Maybe?
    I am not sure it is such a masculine scent either.A woman could definitely wear it no problem.That is really not an issue with me FWIW as I love Fahrenheit and Joop which are much more feminin.Yes I know most people here love Antaeus and shun these other two favorites of mine.I guess I am at odds with most here,sorry.Roland.

Get a second opinion.

bought this one blind,no more surprizes,I was just at the store and asked a girl there(didn't tell her what it was)her opinion on this cologne.
    her exact words"oh man that's awful,who told you to wear that?you smell like a chick"
    Dude, grow some balls. Besides, if she was into you, she would have told you how great you smelled.

No offense ;-)

--Steve
    Just because it happened to you doesn't make it interesting.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.

My sales thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/304...85#post2614885

Wanted: YSL Nu EdP

I say this every time I buy blind....and whether it is a month or a week later my dumb ass does it again.
    Anyway, I guess I just figure I can always trade it for something else

My most recent blind buys....

JULES - up for swap...YUCK.

Platinum Egoiste - YEAH BABY!

Imperial Jade Emperor - GREAT

Bobby Jones - OK, but up for swap

Dior Homme - pretty damn good, unlike anything else I have

Un Jardine en Méditerranée - pretty and cool/tropicalness to it.

Santal Blanc - swaplist

Anyway, as you can see, I waste a lot of money but I can always recoup most of it on Ebay or trade so what's the big deal right?
    My wife thinks differently

Blimey! Imagine what we'd all smell like if we relied on department store sales assistants when choosing our scents. Everyone on the board would be wearing the latest Calvin Klein, Kenneth Cole, Davidoff or Hugo Boss. The classics would be extinguished overnight, and the word "niche" would cease to exist. It's a pretty grim vision of the world!

In my eyes the best creation ever made

That lady was probably just replacing a sick staff her real job was AVON GIRL

laurent
    Invisible Power

Quote Originally Posted by laurent
    In my eyes the best creation ever made
    Mine too - good call Laurent

Antaeus does rock. Hard. [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif] I second SmellsLike's suggestion.