Code of Conduct

Default USA Today Article on Celeb Scents

Online edition under "life" section. Check it out. The lady that founded Bond No. 9 does some reviewing. Very interesting comments on Trump for Men.

Default Re: USA Today Article on Celeb Scents

Oriscent, AgarAura Pure Ouds, Creed, LIDGE, Patou Pour Homme, tons of niche and rare stuff for sale!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/253...er-100-items!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckW
    Online edition under "life" section. Check it out. The lady that founded Bond No. 9 does some reviewing. Very interesting comments on Trump for Men.
    I was embarrassed to report in on Basenotes when I first sampled Trump, because: a)I can't stand the person, and; b)I predicted knee-jerk rejection of it as just another unsophisticated "celebrity" fragrance. *

BUT, the reality is that it's quite nice. *The bottle and the scent itself are heavily reminiscent of Lauder for men (which, by the way, is still available on the Lauder website for something like $45, though I've seen people on eBay bidding them up to around $60 for the same sized bottle). *Anyways, a good all-around scent, particularly for the office.

-R *

The article seemed very ... ass-kissy, for lack of a more elegant turn of phrase. The scents reviewed were all viewed as being "nice", "safe", "pretty" or some variation thereon. None of the people strikes me as being particularly dignified, or even worthy of commemoration by a perfumer. The preponderance of sweet fruit notes seems a depressing trend. They all sound very similar to me. I wonder if anyone (even any of the discerning noses here) could line them up blind and tell them apart.

The one time I smelled "Trump" I thought it smelled kind of cheap - but my extreme distaste for the man himself may be colouring my view here.

I guess I wanted the article to be a little more critical - but I don't know if that's even possible for USA Today.

We talked about it before

My verdict is to run away from this as far as possible, I suppose the 5th avenue is fuming of these scents by the bucket full !!!!

Yack

laurent
    Invisible Power

Trumps fragrance for men is atrocious and smells very cheaply made. It is loud, boistrous and obnoxious (sp????) like the man himself.
    Awesomeguy

Just for the heck of it, I bid on the Trump EDT on ebay. I won a 3.4 OZ spray for $11.00 including shipping! If it's really like Lauder for men, that's not a bad thing.