Code of Conduct

Default L'Instant PH EdP - The Second Coming

I have always taken the the EdP strength of a certain fragrance to be a fuller and richer version of the EdT version of that fragrance, despite the differences people usualy talk about.
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour homme is quite contrary to my naive belief. This IS a different scent.
    It begins with less sweetness than the one we know tends to have, and makes a very strong presence. Somehow, I remember Heritage! It's the L'Instant we know but in a different orchestration all together. I smell dark chocolate, watermelon, cinnamon and a very generous measure of patchouly. On impact, its citrus is also different--to my nose, it's fused with a hint of vetiver. The middle notes carry the scent to another world. Think Prada sans the sweetness. It has that bitter/sweet aura of Heritage, too. The drydown takes the perfume back right where it started, but this time with more patchouly and a stronger hint of hazlenut chocolate.

Default Re: L'Instant PH EdP - The Second Coming

Allright! Now we´re talking. This sounds excellent, the original was way too timid for my taste, but this edp sounds like the real deal.
    Could you describe the bottle please?

MMM

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyManMatt
    Could you describe the bottle please?

MMM

The same bottle of the EDT, but that rectangular frame is black. The cap is brownish, not black.
    The box has the same design, too, but the circle in the middle is like a silver coin (not protruding, ie it's not risen above the surface), with the name written in black in the center.
    It says Eau Extreme and Eau de Parfume.

The EDT reminded me of Heritage already. Increasingly similar to Heritage as it dries down. I suppose the EDP will have more of the "Heritage accord"?

Sounds interesting. Is it available already?

I love you! You have made my day! I had a dream last night that I was in a department store, oh, maybe it was Saks or something, and I saw a display for the L'Instant Extreme. Sometimes I can remember scents and even smell them. But in this dream I only remember holding the bottle, spraying, and the dream coming to an end.

Maybe it'll be in North America by the 1st of October?

Thanks for such good news
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

The EDT projects rather well for me. I keep getting whiffs of it even though I wore only one spray on my wrist. I'm afraid the EDP version might be too cloying on me...

Dang! I must try this!! the description sounds mouthwatering! Thanks for the review!

Mrs.Quack-Quack

[quote
    L'Instant de Guerlain pour homme is quite contrary to my naive belief. This IS a different scent.
    It begins with less sweetness than the one we know tends to have, and makes a very strong presence. Somehow, I remember Heritage! It's the L'Instant we know but in a different orchestration all together. I smell dark chocolate, watermelon, cinnamon and a very generous measure of patchouly. On impact, its citrus is also different--to my nose, it's fused with a hint of vetiver. The middle notes carry the scent to another world. Think Prada sans the sweetness. It has that bitter/sweet aura of Heritage, too. The drydown take the perfume back right where it started, but this time with more patchouly and a stronger hint hazlenut chocolate.[/quote]

I'm not quite of your opinion. It doesn't have the fresh topnotes, but the rest is even sweeter than the original (even the SA said so). I found it cloying. Not for me, thanks.

Sounds like something i would LOVE!!! Wouldn't mind getting it blind in fact, base on Killer's descriptions.

Damnit, I still haven't tried the original yet!

Why the heck does it always take so long to make it to the US? It's not like we just came out of the Ice Age!!! > > >

Close your eyes, so you can see what you're smelling.

"Press trigger twice to release the strength of wood...the wantonness of vanilla...the sentiment of floral...the passion of spice!"

~My reviews~

~My Wardrobe~

I WANT MORE CHYPRE!

So. It's out in Dubai and France?
    Choose to believe, choose joy.
    Scelga di credere, scelga la gioia.

Overcome By Fumes

Damn you, Guerlain!

L'Instant Eau de Noel???

L'Instant pour Homme Extreme???

Vetiver pour Elle???

Habit Rouge EdP?

Why, oh, why do you keep making editions of perfumes, so limited that those of us who might want them never even have a chance???

I have only heard of, but never seen, these...

Colin

I'm going to check if it's available here in Belgium this afternoon. Meanwhile I've discovered the spray-let dry-spray again technique and it works! My l'Instant (EDT of course) lasts way longer with two layers!! And I still use the same amount of four spray!